Gibson trio boosts Chishill recovery
Great Chishill 3 Royston Heath Sports Res 2 GREAT Chishill bounced back from last weekend s Litlington Shield disappointment as Paul Gibson notched a sparkling hat-trick. Alex Porter gave the visitors the lead when he took advantage of a Chishill defens
Great Chishill 3
Royston Heath Sports Res 2
GREAT Chishill bounced back from last weekend's Litlington Shield disappointment as Paul Gibson notched a sparkling hat-trick.
Alex Porter gave the visitors the lead when he took advantage of a Chishill defensive error and rolled the ball home after 15 minutes.
Heath then added a second moments later, before stand-in keeper Gary Radford made an excellent reflex save to deny the visitors a third.
At the other end, both Nick Bramwell and Andy Knight went close to pulling a goal back for Chishill with two spectacular strikes from distance.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 6 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 7 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
The home side made several changes at the break, and it wasn't long before Gibson managed to net his first when his low strike from the edge of the Heath box nestled into the back of the net.
Gibson then added his second and Chishill's leveller when his deflected strike from 20-yards wrong-footed the visiting keeper.
In what was a close contest, it was the hosts that ended the game stronger and with a number of chances, one of which was dispatched expertly, as Gibson wrapped up the comeback and victory with a brilliant 80th minute 30-yard half volley.