Gibson trio boosts Chishill recovery
Great Chishill 3 Royston Heath Sports Res 2 GREAT Chishill bounced back from last weekend s Litlington Shield disappointment as Paul Gibson notched a sparkling hat-trick. Alex Porter gave the visitors the lead when he took advantage of a Chishill defens
Great Chishill 3
Royston Heath Sports Res 2
GREAT Chishill bounced back from last weekend's Litlington Shield disappointment as Paul Gibson notched a sparkling hat-trick.
Alex Porter gave the visitors the lead when he took advantage of a Chishill defensive error and rolled the ball home after 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Heath then added a second moments later, before stand-in keeper Gary Radford made an excellent reflex save to deny the visitors a third.
At the other end, both Nick Bramwell and Andy Knight went close to pulling a goal back for Chishill with two spectacular strikes from distance.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The home side made several changes at the break, and it wasn't long before Gibson managed to net his first when his low strike from the edge of the Heath box nestled into the back of the net.
Gibson then added his second and Chishill's leveller when his deflected strike from 20-yards wrong-footed the visiting keeper.
In what was a close contest, it was the hosts that ended the game stronger and with a number of chances, one of which was dispatched expertly, as Gibson wrapped up the comeback and victory with a brilliant 80th minute 30-yard half volley.