Gibson trio boosts Chishill recovery
Great Chishill 3 Royston Heath Sports Res 2 GREAT Chishill bounced back from last weekend s Litlington Shield disappointment as Paul Gibson notched a sparkling hat-trick. Alex Porter gave the visitors the lead when he took advantage of a Chishill defens
Great Chishill 3
Royston Heath Sports Res 2
GREAT Chishill bounced back from last weekend's Litlington Shield disappointment as Paul Gibson notched a sparkling hat-trick.
Alex Porter gave the visitors the lead when he took advantage of a Chishill defensive error and rolled the ball home after 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Heath then added a second moments later, before stand-in keeper Gary Radford made an excellent reflex save to deny the visitors a third.
At the other end, both Nick Bramwell and Andy Knight went close to pulling a goal back for Chishill with two spectacular strikes from distance.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The home side made several changes at the break, and it wasn't long before Gibson managed to net his first when his low strike from the edge of the Heath box nestled into the back of the net.
Gibson then added his second and Chishill's leveller when his deflected strike from 20-yards wrong-footed the visiting keeper.
In what was a close contest, it was the hosts that ended the game stronger and with a number of chances, one of which was dispatched expertly, as Gibson wrapped up the comeback and victory with a brilliant 80th minute 30-yard half volley.