George inspires Celtic to easy win
League cup BSCFC Athletic U12 0 Royston Celtic U12 Whites 9 Royston Celtic under-12s ran riot against their BSCFC counterparts on Sunday in difficult conditions due to the wet weather. Celtic were fast out of the traps and went ahead early on when grea
BSCFC Athletic U12 0 Royston Celtic U12 Whites 9
Royston Celtic under-12s ran riot against their BSCFC counterparts on Sunday in difficult conditions due to the wet weather.
Celtic were fast out of the traps and went ahead early on when great passing between Richard Jonas and Eamon Henderson set up James Rushton, who rifled home.
You may also want to watch:
Rhys Westbury's industry was rewarded with a goal while Lorcan George had the game of his life by netting a brace.
Callum Pinner scored a scorching 30-yard effort early in the second half before Justin Leavers got in on the act.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Tom McGlynn impressed throughout the game at right back while Jonas' wing play was too hot to handle for Athletic.
Henderson then got a goal himself via a deflection before George got his second.
Bailey rounded off an excellent team performance with a goal and everyone could be proud of their display.
Ben Webb put in his normal hardworking shift while Jack Mills marshalled the defence admirably.
Joseph Ryding also impressed when coming on as a substitute.
Team: R Ponting, R Westbury, J Mills, C Pinner, J Leavers, E Henderson, L George, R Jonas, G Bailey, B Webb, J Rushton, T McGlynn, J Ryding.