George inspires Celtic to easy win
League cup BSCFC Athletic U12 0 Royston Celtic U12 Whites 9 Royston Celtic under-12s ran riot against their BSCFC counterparts on Sunday in difficult conditions due to the wet weather. Celtic were fast out of the traps and went ahead early on when grea
BSCFC Athletic U12 0 Royston Celtic U12 Whites 9
Royston Celtic under-12s ran riot against their BSCFC counterparts on Sunday in difficult conditions due to the wet weather.
Celtic were fast out of the traps and went ahead early on when great passing between Richard Jonas and Eamon Henderson set up James Rushton, who rifled home.
Rhys Westbury's industry was rewarded with a goal while Lorcan George had the game of his life by netting a brace.
Callum Pinner scored a scorching 30-yard effort early in the second half before Justin Leavers got in on the act.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Tom McGlynn impressed throughout the game at right back while Jonas' wing play was too hot to handle for Athletic.
Henderson then got a goal himself via a deflection before George got his second.
Bailey rounded off an excellent team performance with a goal and everyone could be proud of their display.
Ben Webb put in his normal hardworking shift while Jack Mills marshalled the defence admirably.
Joseph Ryding also impressed when coming on as a substitute.
Team: R Ponting, R Westbury, J Mills, C Pinner, J Leavers, E Henderson, L George, R Jonas, G Bailey, B Webb, J Rushton, T McGlynn, J Ryding.