Geldart at the double for United
Royston United see off Great Chishill Reserves
BIS Division 5B
Royston United 2-1 Great Chishill Reserves
ROYSTON UNITED ensured back-to-back league victories on Saturday after edging past Great Chishill Reserves.
Royston started brightly and enjoyed plenty of possession without ever really testing the Chishill defence, who looked fairly comfortable early on.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Geldart put the home ahead on 35 minutes, though, after he collected a neat pass from striker Wayne Hargreaves before slotting home from 18 yards.
Chishill upped their game after the half-time break with a number of Royston players struggling with knocks. Chishill dominated possession but Royston looked a threat on the break. The lead was doubled on the hour mark when Geldart got on the end of a Will Dacey corner to score his second of the match.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
Chishill pulled a goal back with 10 minutes to go but Royston managed to hold on to their lead and seal another three-point return.
Royston face an away trip to Cambourne this Saturday.
Royston United: Watson; Oram, Baker (Ryding), Dolden, Laughlin; Dacey, Tiffin, Clarke (Pinner), Williams; Geldart, Hargreaves.