Geldart at the double for United
Royston United see off Great Chishill Reserves
BIS Division 5B
Royston United 2-1 Great Chishill Reserves
ROYSTON UNITED ensured back-to-back league victories on Saturday after edging past Great Chishill Reserves.
Royston started brightly and enjoyed plenty of possession without ever really testing the Chishill defence, who looked fairly comfortable early on.
Chris Geldart put the home ahead on 35 minutes, though, after he collected a neat pass from striker Wayne Hargreaves before slotting home from 18 yards.
Chishill upped their game after the half-time break with a number of Royston players struggling with knocks. Chishill dominated possession but Royston looked a threat on the break. The lead was doubled on the hour mark when Geldart got on the end of a Will Dacey corner to score his second of the match.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
Chishill pulled a goal back with 10 minutes to go but Royston managed to hold on to their lead and seal another three-point return.
Royston face an away trip to Cambourne this Saturday.
Royston United: Watson; Oram, Baker (Ryding), Dolden, Laughlin; Dacey, Tiffin, Clarke (Pinner), Williams; Geldart, Hargreaves.