Gearbox failure costs Ryan in Canada
GEARBOX gremlins forced Ryan Lewis into an early retirement in Sunday s Champ Car Atlantic race in Canada The race finally got underway a day late after being delayed due to heavy rain at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Lewis qualified way back in 23rd pla
GEARBOX gremlins forced Ryan Lewis into an early retirement in Sunday's Champ Car Atlantic race in Canada
The race finally got underway a day late after being delayed due to heavy rain at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Lewis qualified way back in 23rd place, just behind fellow Brit, Tim Bridgman, after hitting the wall in the morning practice session.
However after posting the second fastest time in the race day warm-up he was hopeful of another strong run through the field.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately his efforts were thwarted by gearbox problems that ended his race just a few laps in.
"I had a good start today," said a disappointed Lewis after the race. "I was making my way up but then a few laps in I started to have trouble with the gearbox.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
"I tried to keep going for as long as possible but eventually it just let go and that was the end of it. It's a shame because the car felt good before that and I know I could have made steady progress."
There is just one race left in the 2006 Champ Car Atlantic Championship. Lewis will head to Wisconsin in a few weeks' time for the season finale at Road America on September 25.