Gallery: Royston youngsters take to the Heath for rugby fun day
YOUNG rugby enthusiasts joined in at Royston Rugby Club's annual fun day at the Heath on Friday. The event was an opportunity for children aged from three to 15 to try out rugby and, if they enjoyed it, to find out how and when to take the next step of jo
YOUNG rugby enthusiasts joined in at Royston Rugby Club's annual fun day at the Heath on Friday.
The event was an opportunity for children aged from three to 15 to try out rugby and, if they enjoyed it, to find out how and when to take the next step of joining the Royston club when the season begins on September 6.
The afternoon followed its familiar format of five 20-minute sessions interspersed with a five-minute drinks break and there were 50 children this year from a range of local schools.
County rugby development officer Kevin Green and club secretary Jamie Johnson entertained the youngest age group, coach Ross Caldwell and first team player Rob Turner took the next while the oldest were coached by senior Royston coach Godfrey Everett and Alex Parker.
You may also want to watch:
The club would like to thank Nick Alford, James Watson and Dan Skuce for working tirelessly behind the scenes preparing drinks, registering players and cooking the barbecue.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia