Gallery: Royston youngsters take to the Heath for rugby fun day
YOUNG rugby enthusiasts joined in at Royston Rugby Club's annual fun day at the Heath on Friday. The event was an opportunity for children aged from three to 15 to try out rugby and, if they enjoyed it, to find out how and when to take the next step of jo
YOUNG rugby enthusiasts joined in at Royston Rugby Club's annual fun day at the Heath on Friday.
The event was an opportunity for children aged from three to 15 to try out rugby and, if they enjoyed it, to find out how and when to take the next step of joining the Royston club when the season begins on September 6.
The afternoon followed its familiar format of five 20-minute sessions interspersed with a five-minute drinks break and there were 50 children this year from a range of local schools.
County rugby development officer Kevin Green and club secretary Jamie Johnson entertained the youngest age group, coach Ross Caldwell and first team player Rob Turner took the next while the oldest were coached by senior Royston coach Godfrey Everett and Alex Parker.
You may also want to watch:
The club would like to thank Nick Alford, James Watson and Dan Skuce for working tirelessly behind the scenes preparing drinks, registering players and cooking the barbecue.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony