Gallery: Orwell go top
Fowlmere Reserves 1 Orwell 3 Orwell went top of BIS Division 4A with a convincing win over Fowlmere Reserves. Goals from Phillip Sutton and two from Dale Wilson didn t tell the whole story, as Orwell also missed two penalties and had an effort cleared off
Fowlmere Reserves 1 Orwell 3
Orwell went top of BIS Division 4A with a convincing win over Fowlmere Reserves.
Goals from Phillip Sutton and two from Dale Wilson didn't tell the whole story, as Orwell also missed two penalties and had an effort cleared off the line as they dominated the game.
Surprisingly, they went behind in the first half despite having the best of the early possession but then Sutton equalised with a header into the corner midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later Sutton was bundled over in the box but Mark Golton missed the spot kick, and in the second half Chay Wilson also missed a spot kick after a handball in the area.
Manager Chris Haynes said it was the type of game in which he thought his team would never get the winner despite their opportunities, but come the final whistle he could smile as Dale Wilson finished off two chances in the final minutes of the match.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Orwell: Cooper, Golton, Haynes, Marriott, Scripps, Squires, Sutton, Todd, Topsom, C Wilson, D Wilson. Subs: Green, Hipkiss, Wadey-Leblond, Watson.