Gallery: Orwell go top
Fowlmere Reserves 1 Orwell 3 Orwell went top of BIS Division 4A with a convincing win over Fowlmere Reserves. Goals from Phillip Sutton and two from Dale Wilson didn t tell the whole story, as Orwell also missed two penalties and had an effort cleared off
Fowlmere Reserves 1 Orwell 3
Orwell went top of BIS Division 4A with a convincing win over Fowlmere Reserves.
Goals from Phillip Sutton and two from Dale Wilson didn't tell the whole story, as Orwell also missed two penalties and had an effort cleared off the line as they dominated the game.
Surprisingly, they went behind in the first half despite having the best of the early possession but then Sutton equalised with a header into the corner midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later Sutton was bundled over in the box but Mark Golton missed the spot kick, and in the second half Chay Wilson also missed a spot kick after a handball in the area.
Manager Chris Haynes said it was the type of game in which he thought his team would never get the winner despite their opportunities, but come the final whistle he could smile as Dale Wilson finished off two chances in the final minutes of the match.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
Orwell: Cooper, Golton, Haynes, Marriott, Scripps, Squires, Sutton, Todd, Topsom, C Wilson, D Wilson. Subs: Green, Hipkiss, Wadey-Leblond, Watson.