Gallery: Crows secure the Division One double
ROYSTON Town completed the double on Saturday by beating Ampthill in the final of the Division One Cup. Having already clinched the Division One title this season, and with it a spot in the Premier Division next year, Royston were strong favourites for th
ROYSTON Town completed the double on Saturday by beating Ampthill in the final of the Division One Cup.
Having already clinched the Division One title this season, and with it a spot in the Premier Division next year, Royston were strong favourites for the tie and ran out 2-0 winners.
Played at Biggleswade Town FC, 420 spectators saw Luke Robins open the scoring for Royston when he followed up a parried Craig Hammond strike and in the second half Tom Malins put the game to bed when his angled effort found the top corner after Gregg Jackson had earlier hit the post.
Royston could add another two trophies to their bulging trophy cabinet this season.
You may also want to watch:
They play Tilbury in the semi-final of the East Anglian Cup this evening (Tuesday), before facing Broxbourne Borough in the final Herts Charity Shield Final on May 12.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court