Gallery: Crows secure the Division One double
ROYSTON Town completed the double on Saturday by beating Ampthill in the final of the Division One Cup. Having already clinched the Division One title this season, and with it a spot in the Premier Division next year, Royston were strong favourites for th
ROYSTON Town completed the double on Saturday by beating Ampthill in the final of the Division One Cup.
Having already clinched the Division One title this season, and with it a spot in the Premier Division next year, Royston were strong favourites for the tie and ran out 2-0 winners.
Played at Biggleswade Town FC, 420 spectators saw Luke Robins open the scoring for Royston when he followed up a parried Craig Hammond strike and in the second half Tom Malins put the game to bed when his angled effort found the top corner after Gregg Jackson had earlier hit the post.
Royston could add another two trophies to their bulging trophy cabinet this season.
You may also want to watch:
They play Tilbury in the semi-final of the East Anglian Cup this evening (Tuesday), before facing Broxbourne Borough in the final Herts Charity Shield Final on May 12.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange