Gallery: Celtic end first game with honours even
Royston Celtic 0 Stotfold Juniors 0 Under 11 Division One ROYSTON Celtic's first game of the season ended without a goal for either side. Both teams started nervously and took time to settle with much of the action centred around the congested middle of t
Royston Celtic 0 Stotfold Juniors 0
Under 11 Division One
ROYSTON Celtic's first game of the season ended without a goal for either side.
Both teams started nervously and took time to settle with much of the action centred around the congested middle of the park.
Celtic had the first chance to go ahead with Connor Little going close after he finished a good Mason Barnes and Jack Logan move, while at the other end resolute defending from Josh Sartini, Jack Logan, Jake O'Brien and man-of-the-match Ryan Smith limited the Stotfold attack to a hand full of attacks and both teams went into the break as honours even.
The second half was dominated by the Celtic attack and Scott Batchelor went close twice but was again denied by the Stotfold keeper.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
As the half went on Celtic began to dominate and they spent long periods camped in the Stotfold half and went close on several occasions only to be denied again by the Stotfold keeper.
Celtic did find the net only to be denied by the linesman's flag and the intense final five minutes saw the woodwork hit and another fine save by the Stotfold keeper.
Celtic: Houghton, Logan, Sartini, Smith, O'Brien, Byles, Seabrook, Austin, Barnes, Little, Birks, Pemberton, Batchelor, Tyrrell, Wilkinson, Hubbard, Edwards.