Gallery: Celtic end first game with honours even
Royston Celtic 0 Stotfold Juniors 0 Under 11 Division One ROYSTON Celtic's first game of the season ended without a goal for either side. Both teams started nervously and took time to settle with much of the action centred around the congested middle of t
Royston Celtic 0 Stotfold Juniors 0
Under 11 Division One
ROYSTON Celtic's first game of the season ended without a goal for either side.
Both teams started nervously and took time to settle with much of the action centred around the congested middle of the park.
You may also want to watch:
Celtic had the first chance to go ahead with Connor Little going close after he finished a good Mason Barnes and Jack Logan move, while at the other end resolute defending from Josh Sartini, Jack Logan, Jake O'Brien and man-of-the-match Ryan Smith limited the Stotfold attack to a hand full of attacks and both teams went into the break as honours even.
The second half was dominated by the Celtic attack and Scott Batchelor went close twice but was again denied by the Stotfold keeper.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
As the half went on Celtic began to dominate and they spent long periods camped in the Stotfold half and went close on several occasions only to be denied again by the Stotfold keeper.
Celtic did find the net only to be denied by the linesman's flag and the intense final five minutes saw the woodwork hit and another fine save by the Stotfold keeper.
Celtic: Houghton, Logan, Sartini, Smith, O'Brien, Byles, Seabrook, Austin, Barnes, Little, Birks, Pemberton, Batchelor, Tyrrell, Wilkinson, Hubbard, Edwards.