Gallery: Celtic end first game with honours even
Royston Celtic 0 Stotfold Juniors 0 Under 11 Division One ROYSTON Celtic's first game of the season ended without a goal for either side. Both teams started nervously and took time to settle with much of the action centred around the congested middle of t
Royston Celtic 0 Stotfold Juniors 0
Under 11 Division One
ROYSTON Celtic's first game of the season ended without a goal for either side.
Both teams started nervously and took time to settle with much of the action centred around the congested middle of the park.
Celtic had the first chance to go ahead with Connor Little going close after he finished a good Mason Barnes and Jack Logan move, while at the other end resolute defending from Josh Sartini, Jack Logan, Jake O'Brien and man-of-the-match Ryan Smith limited the Stotfold attack to a hand full of attacks and both teams went into the break as honours even.
The second half was dominated by the Celtic attack and Scott Batchelor went close twice but was again denied by the Stotfold keeper.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
As the half went on Celtic began to dominate and they spent long periods camped in the Stotfold half and went close on several occasions only to be denied again by the Stotfold keeper.
Celtic did find the net only to be denied by the linesman's flag and the intense final five minutes saw the woodwork hit and another fine save by the Stotfold keeper.
Celtic: Houghton, Logan, Sartini, Smith, O'Brien, Byles, Seabrook, Austin, Barnes, Little, Birks, Pemberton, Batchelor, Tyrrell, Wilkinson, Hubbard, Edwards.