Gaillard and Osborne take the prizes at Heydon Grange
SUMMER finally came to Heydon Grange for the Captain's Day last Sunday as over 60 golfers teed off in the warm sunny weather to play for the captain s and lady captain s trophies. The first groups went out at 8am and the final group made it back just afte
SUMMER finally came to Heydon Grange for the Captain's Day last Sunday as over 60 golfers teed off in the warm sunny weather to play for the captain's and lady captain's trophies.
The first groups went out at 8am and the final group made it back just after 2pm, exhausted but elated from playing in fine weather at last.
The eventual winner of the men's Trophy was David Gaillard, who amassed a very creditable 41 points.
There were a number of guests, including past captains and past club champions, with Steve Lang, a past captain, taking the best men's guest and overall best guest with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Noble was nearest the pin and Simon Grant, also a guest, hit the longest drive.
For the ladies, Wendy Osborne lifted the trophy with 32 points on countback from Jean Black.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
Tina Broadley, a past ladies' club champion, took the prize for best lady guest.
Other prize winners from the Ladies were Eilan Moses, Rezan Muir and Osborne again.
The day was in aid of this year's club charity, East Anglia's Children's Hospice, and over �1,700 was raised on the day.