Fyson wins prestigious Viscount Hampden Bowl
JUNIOR Greg Fyson won the prestigious Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club with an excellent round of nett 63. The nine handicapper played some immaculate golf and with equal halves of 36 shots completed a three stroke win over Neil van der Merwe. T
JUNIOR Greg Fyson won the prestigious Viscount Hampden Bowl at Royston Golf Club with an excellent round of nett 63.
The nine handicapper played some immaculate golf and with equal halves of 36 shots completed a three stroke win over Neil van der Merwe. Third place went to club chairman Keith Pitts.
Alf Sheehan ran away with the Battle of Britain Charity Stableford. Lee Richardson took second place, edging out former junior champion Tom Trimble who came in with 40. Tina Collins won the ladies section with 38 points.
Over 40 seniors took part in Keith Wood's Senior Captain's Day on Monday and it was John Kelly who won. The former captain only took the spoils on countback as both new member Ray Haw and Dickie New equalled Kelly's 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Bonney had a weekend to remember winning the Saturday Stableford with 44 points and then teaming up with vice captain Sid Seward to win the men's fourball on Sunday with 47 points.
The Royston Ladies hosted Saffron Walden in their annual fixture for the Bowen Cup and it was Kathy Musgrave who came up trumps, with a blistering back nine of just three over par.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The 16 handicapper finished with a nett 67 to finish ahead of fellow members, Alice Lewis and Pam Bonnett.
Royston also won the team trophy, making home advantage count.