Fun all the way for rugby youngsters
ROYSTON Rugby Club held another successful fun day on Friday with more than 100 youngsters taking part at the Heath. Those under the age of six enjoyed fun and games with senior players Ross Caldwell, Stewart Smith, Jason Shackleton, and Rob Spragg, whil
ROYSTON Rugby Club held another successful fun day on Friday with more than 100 youngsters taking part at the Heath.
Those under the age of six enjoyed fun and games with senior players Ross Caldwell, Stewart Smith, Jason Shackleton, and Rob Spragg, while the seven-nine-year-olds were coached by club chairman Jamie Johnson and coach David Howell.
The older youngsters were put through their paces by senior players Neil Doughty and Will Phillips.
Community development officer and organiser Kevin Green said: "It was great to see so many children, together with mums and dads having such a fun time on the Heath.
You may also want to watch:
"Luckily we were blessed with blazing sunshine, which added to everyone's enjoyment."
The youngsters were all given goody bags, which included England rugby pictures, pens, and other memorabilia.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge