Friendly Town get the ball rolling
JUST 13 days after the World Cup Final, Buntingford Town get the football season under way at The Bury on Saturday. They entertain Wellingborough Town in the first of six pre-season friendlies, and will face a side who won promotion to the United Counties
JUST 13 days after the World Cup Final, Buntingford Town get the football season under way at The Bury on Saturday.
They entertain Wellingborough Town in the first of six pre-season friendlies, and will face a side who won promotion to the United Counties League Premier Division as runners-up in Division One last season.
Town boss Paul Attfield will miss the game because he is taking the youth team to the Dana Cup tournament, in Denmark, where they will be looking to improve on last year's runners-up spot in one of Europe's premier youth competitions.
In Attfield's absence, assistant boss Tony Galvin and club captain Duncan Easley will manage the side for their first two pre-season games.
Attfield is expected to announce at least one major signing before his side kick off their Herts County League Premier Division campaign on Saturday, August 19.
Despite reaching the FA Youth Cup second round proper last season, Buntingford's must start in the preliminary round with a trip to Burnham Ramblers.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
The game will be played in the week commencing September 11.
- Royston Town's youth side will travel to Uxbridge in the FA Youth Cup preliminary round.