Friendly Town get the ball rolling
JUST 13 days after the World Cup Final, Buntingford Town get the football season under way at The Bury on Saturday. They entertain Wellingborough Town in the first of six pre-season friendlies, and will face a side who won promotion to the United Counties
JUST 13 days after the World Cup Final, Buntingford Town get the football season under way at The Bury on Saturday.
They entertain Wellingborough Town in the first of six pre-season friendlies, and will face a side who won promotion to the United Counties League Premier Division as runners-up in Division One last season.
Town boss Paul Attfield will miss the game because he is taking the youth team to the Dana Cup tournament, in Denmark, where they will be looking to improve on last year's runners-up spot in one of Europe's premier youth competitions.
In Attfield's absence, assistant boss Tony Galvin and club captain Duncan Easley will manage the side for their first two pre-season games.
You may also want to watch:
Attfield is expected to announce at least one major signing before his side kick off their Herts County League Premier Division campaign on Saturday, August 19.
Despite reaching the FA Youth Cup second round proper last season, Buntingford's must start in the preliminary round with a trip to Burnham Ramblers.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
The game will be played in the week commencing September 11.
- Royston Town's youth side will travel to Uxbridge in the FA Youth Cup preliminary round.