Friendly Town get the ball rolling
JUST 13 days after the World Cup Final, Buntingford Town get the football season under way at The Bury on Saturday. They entertain Wellingborough Town in the first of six pre-season friendlies, and will face a side who won promotion to the United Counties
JUST 13 days after the World Cup Final, Buntingford Town get the football season under way at The Bury on Saturday.
They entertain Wellingborough Town in the first of six pre-season friendlies, and will face a side who won promotion to the United Counties League Premier Division as runners-up in Division One last season.
Town boss Paul Attfield will miss the game because he is taking the youth team to the Dana Cup tournament, in Denmark, where they will be looking to improve on last year's runners-up spot in one of Europe's premier youth competitions.
In Attfield's absence, assistant boss Tony Galvin and club captain Duncan Easley will manage the side for their first two pre-season games.
You may also want to watch:
Attfield is expected to announce at least one major signing before his side kick off their Herts County League Premier Division campaign on Saturday, August 19.
Despite reaching the FA Youth Cup second round proper last season, Buntingford's must start in the preliminary round with a trip to Burnham Ramblers.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The game will be played in the week commencing September 11.
- Royston Town's youth side will travel to Uxbridge in the FA Youth Cup preliminary round.