Foxton win Chris Boote Trophy
Foxton 4 Fowlmere Metals 2
FOXTON won the final of the Chris Boote Tournament on Friday to keep their hands on the trophy after winning the event last year.
Davenport scored two along with strikes from Wright and S Ogilivie to ensure victory despite C Bryan and J McMurrough scoring for Fowlmere Metals.
So far, �3000 has been raised for the Cambridge Cancer Research Fund, but the final total is still not known.
Last year, the event raised �6400, and hopefully that can be beaten this time around.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament, played in memory of Chris Boote who died of cancer at the age of 24, proved popular among the teams who took part and Foxton were deserved winners in the end.
Foxton: Cook, Smith, Ogilivie, Hanscombe, Davenport, Hoggarth, Pemberton, Carrington, Evers, Bourner, Cambridge, Ranner Wright.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Fowlmere Metals: Lees, Woods, Bichenough, Chapman, Jackson, Gwynne, Hayden, C Bryan, O’Farrell, D McMurrough. J McMurrough, Stokes, D Bryan, Crotty, Hardman.