Foxton win Chris Boote Trophy
Foxton 4 Fowlmere Metals 2
FOXTON won the final of the Chris Boote Tournament on Friday to keep their hands on the trophy after winning the event last year.
Davenport scored two along with strikes from Wright and S Ogilivie to ensure victory despite C Bryan and J McMurrough scoring for Fowlmere Metals.
So far, �3000 has been raised for the Cambridge Cancer Research Fund, but the final total is still not known.
Last year, the event raised �6400, and hopefully that can be beaten this time around.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament, played in memory of Chris Boote who died of cancer at the age of 24, proved popular among the teams who took part and Foxton were deserved winners in the end.
Foxton: Cook, Smith, Ogilivie, Hanscombe, Davenport, Hoggarth, Pemberton, Carrington, Evers, Bourner, Cambridge, Ranner Wright.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Fowlmere Metals: Lees, Woods, Bichenough, Chapman, Jackson, Gwynne, Hayden, C Bryan, O’Farrell, D McMurrough. J McMurrough, Stokes, D Bryan, Crotty, Hardman.