Foxton win Chris Boote Trophy
Foxton 4 Fowlmere Metals 2
FOXTON won the final of the Chris Boote Tournament on Friday to keep their hands on the trophy after winning the event last year.
Davenport scored two along with strikes from Wright and S Ogilivie to ensure victory despite C Bryan and J McMurrough scoring for Fowlmere Metals.
So far, �3000 has been raised for the Cambridge Cancer Research Fund, but the final total is still not known.
Last year, the event raised �6400, and hopefully that can be beaten this time around.
The tournament, played in memory of Chris Boote who died of cancer at the age of 24, proved popular among the teams who took part and Foxton were deserved winners in the end.
Foxton: Cook, Smith, Ogilivie, Hanscombe, Davenport, Hoggarth, Pemberton, Carrington, Evers, Bourner, Cambridge, Ranner Wright.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Fowlmere Metals: Lees, Woods, Bichenough, Chapman, Jackson, Gwynne, Hayden, C Bryan, O’Farrell, D McMurrough. J McMurrough, Stokes, D Bryan, Crotty, Hardman.