Foxton well beaten
St Ives CC 185 all-out (46.5 overs) Foxton CC 119 all-out (31.3 overs) St Ives won by 66 runs
FOXTON tasted their second consecutive defeat of the new season away at St Ives.
Winning the toss and inviting the hosts to bat their opening bowlers Jeffery Douglas and Max Bowen struggled to make a breakthrough and openers Tom Beale (58) and Reuan Williams (22) racked up a 72 run stand.
The introduction of Mark Ferrari (2-25) and Antonnel Atwell (3-47) stemmed the run flow and wickets began to fall at regular intervals.
Home skipper Steve Smith (25) and Bevis Moynan (19) managed to stage a recovery but aided by sharp fielding, three run outs and two late wickets for Douglas (2-26) meant Foxton were fairly satisfied to dismiss the home side for 185 from 46.3 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Hopes of a victory soon evaporated with the fall of two wickets in the first over to spinner Ryan Withers, and from herein they were always struggling. Workmanlike knocks from Peter Moor (40), Bowen (33) and Tyler Deas (28*) managed to regain a modicum of respectability, but a superb unchanged spell from opening medium pacer Moynan (15.3-3-45-8) thwarted their hopes and a final total of 119 saw them soundly beaten by 66 runs.
Foxton will be hoping for an improvement next week with their first home fixture against Nassington.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash