Foxton trio take command to close gap
FOXTON closed the gap between themselves and league leaders St Ives at the top of the Cheffins CCA Senior League Division 1 with a win at Fulbourn. Choosing to bat first, Fulbourn were soon in trouble with the pace of Jason Benn and captain Patrick Josep
FOXTON closed the gap between themselves and league leaders St Ives at the top of the Cheffins CCA Senior League Division 1 with a win at Fulbourn.
Choosing to bat first, Fulbourn were soon in trouble with the pace of Jason Benn and captain Patrick Joseph causing headaches.
At 42-3 the hosts needed a solid partnership, and that came in the form of Hartley (74) and Monk (34).
However, Foxton's Antonnel Atwell and player- manager Matt Gray hit back and Fulbourn were left on 225-9.
You may also want to watch:
Just like their opponents, Foxton struggled with the bat early on, and lost Sabey and Joseph in the third over.
But they looked to Atwell, Lawrence Farnum, and Jason Benn, and the trio responded in fine fashion.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Farnum continued his winning ways to reach an impressive 63, stroking the ball to all parts of the ground in the process.
But when he was dismissed by a great catch from Hartley, Benn took the reins and showed exactly why he captains Guyana-based club Georgetown in the winter.
With a chanceless knock of 88, Benn's awesome display was more than enough to see Foxton home in the 38th over with four wickets to spare.