Foxton trio take command to close gap
FOXTON closed the gap between themselves and league leaders St Ives at the top of the Cheffins CCA Senior League Division 1 with a win at Fulbourn. Choosing to bat first, Fulbourn were soon in trouble with the pace of Jason Benn and captain Patrick Josep
FOXTON closed the gap between themselves and league leaders St Ives at the top of the Cheffins CCA Senior League Division 1 with a win at Fulbourn.
Choosing to bat first, Fulbourn were soon in trouble with the pace of Jason Benn and captain Patrick Joseph causing headaches.
At 42-3 the hosts needed a solid partnership, and that came in the form of Hartley (74) and Monk (34).
However, Foxton's Antonnel Atwell and player- manager Matt Gray hit back and Fulbourn were left on 225-9.
Just like their opponents, Foxton struggled with the bat early on, and lost Sabey and Joseph in the third over.
But they looked to Atwell, Lawrence Farnum, and Jason Benn, and the trio responded in fine fashion.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Farnum continued his winning ways to reach an impressive 63, stroking the ball to all parts of the ground in the process.
But when he was dismissed by a great catch from Hartley, Benn took the reins and showed exactly why he captains Guyana-based club Georgetown in the winter.
With a chanceless knock of 88, Benn's awesome display was more than enough to see Foxton home in the 38th over with four wickets to spare.