Foxton too strong for Nassington
Tucker Gardner Division 1
Nassington 193 (37.2 o.)
Foxton 264-6dec (40.5 o.)
Foxton won by 71 runs
A POSITIVE performance from Foxton’s top five batsmen helped set up their latest victory away at Nassington on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Openers Antonnel Atwell (95) and Gareth Roberts gave them a perfect start with a 157-run partnership before the former was bowled in the 27th over.
Foxton were now intent on a declaration and Jeffery Douglas was pushed up the order at three looking for quick runs. A brisk 29 from him added to a well-crafted 53 from Roots found them on 200-3 after 32 overs.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Skipper Lawrence Farnum (41) and Peter Moor (26*) added the finishing touches to the innings and the visitors were able to declare at 264-6. Ikhlaq was Nassington’s top bowler with 4-51.
Nassington were soon in trouble against both Andy Gray, making a rare first team appearance, and Douglas who opened the bowling with four successive maidens.
Wickets began to fall with Gray claiming three in four overs. A brilliant deflection on to the stumps from a throw in by wicketkeeper Roots then ran out the home side’s leading batsman Harry Chappell cheaply and Foxton were scenting an early finish with Nassington on 69-6.
Daniel Robinson steadied things with (81*) but it was not enough as Nassington could only reach 193.
Gray finished with the tidy figures of 9-1-21-3 while there were two wickets each for Douglas and Atwell.
Next week Foxton entertain league-leaders March.