Foxton slip to first defeat of season
FOXTON slipped to their first defeat of the season on Saturday, as Jay Szwajbak and Chris Whitfield s 222-run partnership helped Waresley to a 40-run win. Szwajbak (112 not out) and Whitfield (110) saw the visitors to a challenging 278 for 5 off their
FOXTON slipped to their first defeat of the season on Saturday, as Jay Szwajbak and Chris Whitfield's 222-run partnership helped Waresley to a 40-run win.
Szwajbak (112 not out) and Whitfield (110) saw the visitors to a challenging 278 for 5 off their 48 overs.
Max Bowen (52) and Lawrence Farnum (120) led the Foxton reply, Farnum hitting 16 fours and three sixes.
And after Farnum was dismissed by a controversial lbw decision, Foxton were all out for 238.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Matt Gray said: "We had to lose at some point.
"It would have been extremely difficult to have gone the whole season without defeat.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
"But I have no complaints, we played very well and simply lost to a better side on the day.
"We were without Antonnel Atwell, and we really missed his bowling because he's having a very good season for us.
"It was the first time we have been all out this season, and hopefully that will act as a bit of a kick up the backside for us."
Gray's side will look to bounce back on Saturday when they host relegation-threatened Bluntisham in the Tucker Gardner Division 2.