Foxton slip to first defeat of season
FOXTON slipped to their first defeat of the season on Saturday, as Jay Szwajbak and Chris Whitfield s 222-run partnership helped Waresley to a 40-run win. Szwajbak (112 not out) and Whitfield (110) saw the visitors to a challenging 278 for 5 off their
FOXTON slipped to their first defeat of the season on Saturday, as Jay Szwajbak and Chris Whitfield's 222-run partnership helped Waresley to a 40-run win.
Szwajbak (112 not out) and Whitfield (110) saw the visitors to a challenging 278 for 5 off their 48 overs.
Max Bowen (52) and Lawrence Farnum (120) led the Foxton reply, Farnum hitting 16 fours and three sixes.
And after Farnum was dismissed by a controversial lbw decision, Foxton were all out for 238.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Matt Gray said: "We had to lose at some point.
"It would have been extremely difficult to have gone the whole season without defeat.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
"But I have no complaints, we played very well and simply lost to a better side on the day.
"We were without Antonnel Atwell, and we really missed his bowling because he's having a very good season for us.
"It was the first time we have been all out this season, and hopefully that will act as a bit of a kick up the backside for us."
Gray's side will look to bounce back on Saturday when they host relegation-threatened Bluntisham in the Tucker Gardner Division 2.