Foxton slip to first defeat of season
FOXTON slipped to their first defeat of the season on Saturday, as Jay Szwajbak and Chris Whitfield s 222-run partnership helped Waresley to a 40-run win. Szwajbak (112 not out) and Whitfield (110) saw the visitors to a challenging 278 for 5 off their
FOXTON slipped to their first defeat of the season on Saturday, as Jay Szwajbak and Chris Whitfield's 222-run partnership helped Waresley to a 40-run win.
Szwajbak (112 not out) and Whitfield (110) saw the visitors to a challenging 278 for 5 off their 48 overs.
Max Bowen (52) and Lawrence Farnum (120) led the Foxton reply, Farnum hitting 16 fours and three sixes.
And after Farnum was dismissed by a controversial lbw decision, Foxton were all out for 238.
Coach Matt Gray said: "We had to lose at some point.
"It would have been extremely difficult to have gone the whole season without defeat.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
"But I have no complaints, we played very well and simply lost to a better side on the day.
"We were without Antonnel Atwell, and we really missed his bowling because he's having a very good season for us.
"It was the first time we have been all out this season, and hopefully that will act as a bit of a kick up the backside for us."
Gray's side will look to bounce back on Saturday when they host relegation-threatened Bluntisham in the Tucker Gardner Division 2.