Foxton’s good start comes to a sorry end
Mildenhall Town Reserves 3 Foxton 0 FOXTON s unbeaten start to the season came to an abrupt end on Saturday when a strong Mildenhall team scored three times in the first half. The visitors defended up the hill but were soon on the back foot, with Mildenh
Mildenhall Town Reserves 3
FOXTON's unbeaten start to the season came to an abrupt end on Saturday when a strong Mildenhall team scored three times in the first half.
The visitors defended up the hill but were soon on the back foot, with Mildenhall's quick forward line causing problems.
They were soon rewarded after Sean Audley was judged to have fouled on the edge of the 18 yard box, and the resultant kick was smashed into the roof of the net, giving Andy Kimsey no chance.
A second goal soon followed after a near-post corner was flicked into the net by a lively Mildenhall forward with Foxton slow to react.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
With five minutes remaining in the half, the game was effectively killed off when a ball over the top beat the Foxton back line, and the striker coolly slotted past Kimsey for 3-0.
The second half was a different matter after player-boss Sean Audley had fired up Foxton at the break, and with the slope favouring the visitors, they pressed the Mildenhall defence constantly, but numerous missed chances kept the score at 3-0.
Foxton: Kimsey, Clark, Audley, Spina, Tokley, Chamberlain, Gray, Aristo, Flack, Webber, Fields. Subs: Cambridge, Rhodes, Handscome.
- Foxton continue their run of away games on Saturday when they travel to Soham Town Rangers reserves.
They then launch a run of five home matches, the following week.