Foxton put up a great fight
Wisbech Town Reserves 2 Foxton 1 FOXTON faced the long trek to Wisbech without four first team regulars, but put up a great fight against the fellow title challengers. The first half was a close run thing but Foxton ended up going in 1-0 down after havin
Wisbech Town Reserves 2
FOXTON faced the long trek to Wisbech without four first team regulars, but put up a great fight against the fellow title challengers.
The first half was a close run thing but Foxton ended up going in 1-0 down after having two good chances cleared off the line and having plenty of possession.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes into the second half, Foxton drew level when manager Sean Audley scored after good build up play.
Foxton then dominated proceedings, and Andy Gray and Adam Fields both hit the woodwork but the score remained 1-1.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
New Foxton signing Adam Stokes looked dangerous throughout up front alongside Gray, but it was Audley who was the greatest threat, and had a further three headers cleared off the line and Wisbech were somehow holding on to the draw.
Foxton defended well throughout, but the missed chances came back to haunt them when with 10 minutes to go, centre half Chris Haynes put through his own net, to give Wisbech three points and leave the Foxton team with a long trek home empty handed.
Foxton are back in cup action on Saturday when they entertain Mildenhall Town Reserves, looking to avenge their 3-0 hammering at Mildenhall earlier in the season.
Foxton: Coates, Gwynn, Flack, Haynes, Audley, Chamberlain, Webber, Aristo, Fields, Gray, Stokes. Subs: Cambridge, Edwards.