Foxton march to comfortable victory
FOXTON continued their fine recent form with a seven-wicket victory at home to March on Saturday.
The visitors won the toss and batted on a good looking track with a very fast outfield. However, they were soon in trouble at 5-2 after hostile opening opening spells from Jeffery Douglas and Max Bowen.
A recovery was led by R Tombs (60), aided by S Mills (44*) and T Howgego (21) enabled them to reach 201-9 from their 48 overs.
Foxton’s outstanding bowler was Douglas with a mixture of pace and off-spin which netted him a haul of 5-41.
Other useful contributions came from Bowen (2-49) and skipper for the day Atwell with 2-41.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton felt the total was below par and set about chasing it in brisk fashion. They reached 123 before John Procajlo fell for 53 to continue his wonderful season.
Atwell’s knock of 49* and wicketkeeper Gareth Roots’ superb 66* saw Foxton reach the target in the 31st over without having to break too much sweat.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Next week Foxton face a tough match away to league leaders Camden.