Foxton march to comfortable victory
FOXTON continued their fine recent form with a seven-wicket victory at home to March on Saturday.
The visitors won the toss and batted on a good looking track with a very fast outfield. However, they were soon in trouble at 5-2 after hostile opening opening spells from Jeffery Douglas and Max Bowen.
A recovery was led by R Tombs (60), aided by S Mills (44*) and T Howgego (21) enabled them to reach 201-9 from their 48 overs.
Foxton’s outstanding bowler was Douglas with a mixture of pace and off-spin which netted him a haul of 5-41.
Other useful contributions came from Bowen (2-49) and skipper for the day Atwell with 2-41.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton felt the total was below par and set about chasing it in brisk fashion. They reached 123 before John Procajlo fell for 53 to continue his wonderful season.
Atwell’s knock of 49* and wicketkeeper Gareth Roots’ superb 66* saw Foxton reach the target in the 31st over without having to break too much sweat.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Next week Foxton face a tough match away to league leaders Camden.