Foxton march to comfortable victory
FOXTON continued their fine recent form with a seven-wicket victory at home to March on Saturday.
The visitors won the toss and batted on a good looking track with a very fast outfield. However, they were soon in trouble at 5-2 after hostile opening opening spells from Jeffery Douglas and Max Bowen.
A recovery was led by R Tombs (60), aided by S Mills (44*) and T Howgego (21) enabled them to reach 201-9 from their 48 overs.
Foxton’s outstanding bowler was Douglas with a mixture of pace and off-spin which netted him a haul of 5-41.
Other useful contributions came from Bowen (2-49) and skipper for the day Atwell with 2-41.
Foxton felt the total was below par and set about chasing it in brisk fashion. They reached 123 before John Procajlo fell for 53 to continue his wonderful season.
Atwell’s knock of 49* and wicketkeeper Gareth Roots’ superb 66* saw Foxton reach the target in the 31st over without having to break too much sweat.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
Next week Foxton face a tough match away to league leaders Camden.