Foxton lose opening match
Tucker Premier Division One
Foxton 198 (39 overs) Ramsey 200-2 (33.5 overs)
FOXTON CC lost their opening game of the new season at Ramsey on Saturday.
Batting first, Foxton soon found themselves at 44-5 with only Antonnel Atwell showing any resistance with 32. An outstanding partnership then ensued with new recruit Adam Webster (66) and pace bowler Jeffery Douglas (71) enabling them to recover to a competitive 198 all-out from 39 overs.
Mark Edwards 4-46 and David Carlaw 3-53 being the home side’s top bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton took encouragement with Max Bowen dismissing opener Damien Clarke early on, but a superb 106* from new South African, Travis Townsend, ably backed up by ex Godmanchester players Michael Cafferkey (52) and Taylor West (24*) saw Ramsey ease home needing only 33.5 overs to win by eight wickets.
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 8 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 9 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal