Foxton lose opening match
Tucker Premier Division One
Foxton 198 (39 overs) Ramsey 200-2 (33.5 overs)
FOXTON CC lost their opening game of the new season at Ramsey on Saturday.
Batting first, Foxton soon found themselves at 44-5 with only Antonnel Atwell showing any resistance with 32. An outstanding partnership then ensued with new recruit Adam Webster (66) and pace bowler Jeffery Douglas (71) enabling them to recover to a competitive 198 all-out from 39 overs.
Mark Edwards 4-46 and David Carlaw 3-53 being the home side’s top bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton took encouragement with Max Bowen dismissing opener Damien Clarke early on, but a superb 106* from new South African, Travis Townsend, ably backed up by ex Godmanchester players Michael Cafferkey (52) and Taylor West (24*) saw Ramsey ease home needing only 33.5 overs to win by eight wickets.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation