Foxton lose opening match
Tucker Premier Division One
Foxton 198 (39 overs) Ramsey 200-2 (33.5 overs)
FOXTON CC lost their opening game of the new season at Ramsey on Saturday.
Batting first, Foxton soon found themselves at 44-5 with only Antonnel Atwell showing any resistance with 32. An outstanding partnership then ensued with new recruit Adam Webster (66) and pace bowler Jeffery Douglas (71) enabling them to recover to a competitive 198 all-out from 39 overs.
Mark Edwards 4-46 and David Carlaw 3-53 being the home side’s top bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton took encouragement with Max Bowen dismissing opener Damien Clarke early on, but a superb 106* from new South African, Travis Townsend, ably backed up by ex Godmanchester players Michael Cafferkey (52) and Taylor West (24*) saw Ramsey ease home needing only 33.5 overs to win by eight wickets.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images