Foxton lose opening match
Tucker Premier Division One
Foxton 198 (39 overs) Ramsey 200-2 (33.5 overs)
FOXTON CC lost their opening game of the new season at Ramsey on Saturday.
Batting first, Foxton soon found themselves at 44-5 with only Antonnel Atwell showing any resistance with 32. An outstanding partnership then ensued with new recruit Adam Webster (66) and pace bowler Jeffery Douglas (71) enabling them to recover to a competitive 198 all-out from 39 overs.
Mark Edwards 4-46 and David Carlaw 3-53 being the home side’s top bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton took encouragement with Max Bowen dismissing opener Damien Clarke early on, but a superb 106* from new South African, Travis Townsend, ably backed up by ex Godmanchester players Michael Cafferkey (52) and Taylor West (24*) saw Ramsey ease home needing only 33.5 overs to win by eight wickets.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club