Foxton keep up promotion push
Foxton 4 Hemingfords 1 Kershaw Senior A FOXTON swept away relegation battlers Hemingfords as they continued their push for promotion. Manager Andy Cambridge found himself having to stand in again in goal after some late team changes but after a save in th
Foxton 4 Hemingfords 1
Kershaw Senior A
FOXTON swept away relegation battlers Hemingfords as they continued their push for promotion.
Manager Andy Cambridge found himself having to stand in again in goal after some late team changes but after a save in the first minute he was later guilty of misjudging the path of an inswinging corner and his attempted punch hit thin air and the ball eventually nestled in the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Fields put Foxton back on level terms with an excellent finish to make it 1-1 at the break, but in the second half Foxton found another gear and put three goals past their weary and lacklustre opponents.
Matt Hayden got Foxton's second after Fields had had another effort ruled out, before Simon Swinton's free kick, following a foul on Carlow Lawrence just outside the Hemingfords' box, put Foxton out of touch.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Iain Tokely came off the bench to finish the scoring and seal the win.
Foxton: A Cambridge, Chamberlain, Ranner, Webber, Williams, Davenport, Swinton, Ogilvie, Lawrence, Hayden, Fields. Subs: Tokely, Margiotta, Aristo, I Cambridge.