Foxton keep up promotion push
Foxton 4 Hemingfords 1 Kershaw Senior A FOXTON swept away relegation battlers Hemingfords as they continued their push for promotion. Manager Andy Cambridge found himself having to stand in again in goal after some late team changes but after a save in th
Foxton 4 Hemingfords 1
Kershaw Senior A
FOXTON swept away relegation battlers Hemingfords as they continued their push for promotion.
Manager Andy Cambridge found himself having to stand in again in goal after some late team changes but after a save in the first minute he was later guilty of misjudging the path of an inswinging corner and his attempted punch hit thin air and the ball eventually nestled in the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Fields put Foxton back on level terms with an excellent finish to make it 1-1 at the break, but in the second half Foxton found another gear and put three goals past their weary and lacklustre opponents.
Matt Hayden got Foxton's second after Fields had had another effort ruled out, before Simon Swinton's free kick, following a foul on Carlow Lawrence just outside the Hemingfords' box, put Foxton out of touch.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Iain Tokely came off the bench to finish the scoring and seal the win.
Foxton: A Cambridge, Chamberlain, Ranner, Webber, Williams, Davenport, Swinton, Ogilvie, Lawrence, Hayden, Fields. Subs: Tokely, Margiotta, Aristo, I Cambridge.