Comberton 1 Foxton 1 FOXTON travelled to Comberton on Saturday in what was sure to be a tricky fixture with their hosts sitting bottom of the table and desperate for points. Andy Cambridge s side started the game at a good tempo and looked very dangerous
Comberton 1 Foxton 1
FOXTON travelled to Comberton on Saturday in what was sure to be a tricky fixture with their hosts sitting bottom of the table and desperate for points.
Andy Cambridge's side started the game at a good tempo and looked very dangerous on the attack and in the fifth minute thought they had taken the lead when Dan Hoggarth headed home an Adam Fields corner, but the referee disallowed the goal for handball.
Comberton were able to put a few chances of their own together and on several occasions put some good balls into the box but they failed to work Jamie Chamberlain in the Foxton goal.
You may also want to watch:
But with just minutes left in the half Comberton took the lead when Foxton failed to deal with a free kick which drifted past everyone into the net.
Foxton came out in the second period looking to improve on their first half efforts but they failed to get the early goal they were looking for.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
They hit the cross bar, as they had done at one point in the first half, but they were unable to break down their opponents' resilient defence until with just 10 minutes remaining Adam Fields hit a belter into the net.
Andy Cambridge said: "Comberton put in an enormous amount of effort defending and a defeat late on probably would have been harsh on them. We will just have to try harder next week."
Foxton: J Chamberlain, D Chamberlain, Ranner, Webber, Tokley, Lawrence, Aristo, Ogilvie, Wellstead, Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Hayden, Margiotta, Swinton.