Comberton 1 Foxton 1 FOXTON travelled to Comberton on Saturday in what was sure to be a tricky fixture with their hosts sitting bottom of the table and desperate for points. Andy Cambridge s side started the game at a good tempo and looked very dangerous
Comberton 1 Foxton 1
FOXTON travelled to Comberton on Saturday in what was sure to be a tricky fixture with their hosts sitting bottom of the table and desperate for points.
Andy Cambridge's side started the game at a good tempo and looked very dangerous on the attack and in the fifth minute thought they had taken the lead when Dan Hoggarth headed home an Adam Fields corner, but the referee disallowed the goal for handball.
Comberton were able to put a few chances of their own together and on several occasions put some good balls into the box but they failed to work Jamie Chamberlain in the Foxton goal.
But with just minutes left in the half Comberton took the lead when Foxton failed to deal with a free kick which drifted past everyone into the net.
Foxton came out in the second period looking to improve on their first half efforts but they failed to get the early goal they were looking for.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
They hit the cross bar, as they had done at one point in the first half, but they were unable to break down their opponents' resilient defence until with just 10 minutes remaining Adam Fields hit a belter into the net.
Andy Cambridge said: "Comberton put in an enormous amount of effort defending and a defeat late on probably would have been harsh on them. We will just have to try harder next week."
Foxton: J Chamberlain, D Chamberlain, Ranner, Webber, Tokley, Lawrence, Aristo, Ogilvie, Wellstead, Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Hayden, Margiotta, Swinton.