Foxton give great performance
Foxton 4 Mildenhall Town Res 1 ADAM Fields set up all four goals as Foxton collected the Kershaw League points against Mildenhall. In a game Foxton dominated, they managed to find themselves 1-0 down after 15 minutes. Following a third consecutive Mild
Foxton 4 Mildenhall Town Res 1
ADAM Fields set up all four goals as Foxton collected the Kershaw League points against Mildenhall.
In a game Foxton dominated, they managed to find themselves 1-0 down after 15 minutes.
Following a third consecutive Mildenhall goal-line clearance, the away side broke quickly, leaving stranded Foxton goalkeeper Andy Cambridge with no chance.
Their lead proved to be only brief, and Foxton were back on terms within five minutes, with a well executed header by Duncan Handscombe from an excellent Fields corner kick. Five minutes elapsed before Foxton found themselves 2-1 in front, another Fields corner caused a goalmouth scramble, which was cheekily back heeled by James Gwynne for his first goal for the club.
It was then Foxton really started to make their dominance pay, taking a 3-1 lead into half time on the back of a sublime passing move. Chris Haynes the scorer, finishing yet another pinpoint Fields cross.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
In the second half, Mildenhall came out fighting, playing some nice football and had a good chance saved by Cambridge.
Their misery was compounded however when Foxton scored their fourth goal. This time it was Barry Webber who benefited from a man-of-the-match Fields' corner kick, heading in at the near post.
With the game now effectively over Mildenhall tried to rally once more, but were unable to break down a resilient Foxton back line led by Andy Gray.
They did manage to get the ball in to the Foxton net late on, only to find the goal ruled out for offside.