Foxton collapse again
Foxton 89 all-out Khalsa 262-8 Khalsa won by 173 runs
FOXTON’S season went from bad to worse on Saturday as they suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Peterborough outfit Khalsa.
Khlasa won the toss and decided to bat first and it proved to be a good move as they amassed 262-8 before declaring to give Foxton a mountain to climb.
All of Khalsa’s batsmen showed excellent form and both Afzal (66) and Humayam (43) were their stand-out performers at the crease.
Antonnel Atwell was Foxton’s best bowler with excellent figures of 6-72 from 16 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The home side offered some resistance and reached 70-3 but another batting collapse ensued and they subsided to a miserable 89 all-out.
The collapse was largely due to the Afzal, who crowned a superb match with bowling figures of 6-37.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Foxton now fin themselves just one place off the foot of the table.