Foxton collapse again
Foxton 89 all-out Khalsa 262-8 Khalsa won by 173 runs
FOXTON’S season went from bad to worse on Saturday as they suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Peterborough outfit Khalsa.
Khlasa won the toss and decided to bat first and it proved to be a good move as they amassed 262-8 before declaring to give Foxton a mountain to climb.
All of Khalsa’s batsmen showed excellent form and both Afzal (66) and Humayam (43) were their stand-out performers at the crease.
Antonnel Atwell was Foxton’s best bowler with excellent figures of 6-72 from 16 overs.
The home side offered some resistance and reached 70-3 but another batting collapse ensued and they subsided to a miserable 89 all-out.
The collapse was largely due to the Afzal, who crowned a superb match with bowling figures of 6-37.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
Foxton now fin themselves just one place off the foot of the table.