Foxton collapse again
Foxton 89 all-out Khalsa 262-8 Khalsa won by 173 runs
FOXTON’S season went from bad to worse on Saturday as they suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Peterborough outfit Khalsa.
Khlasa won the toss and decided to bat first and it proved to be a good move as they amassed 262-8 before declaring to give Foxton a mountain to climb.
All of Khalsa’s batsmen showed excellent form and both Afzal (66) and Humayam (43) were their stand-out performers at the crease.
Antonnel Atwell was Foxton’s best bowler with excellent figures of 6-72 from 16 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The home side offered some resistance and reached 70-3 but another batting collapse ensued and they subsided to a miserable 89 all-out.
The collapse was largely due to the Afzal, who crowned a superb match with bowling figures of 6-37.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
Foxton now fin themselves just one place off the foot of the table.