Fowlmere warm up
FOWLMERE got back to winning ways by beating Melbourn 3-0 in their latest pre-season friendly. Having gone down to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Histon A last Saturday, manager Steve Walker was looking for an improved performance from his team, and the
FOWLMERE got back to winning ways by beating Melbourn 3-0 in their latest pre-season friendly.
Having gone down to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Histon 'A' last Saturday, manager Steve Walker was looking for an improved performance from his team, and the players obliged with a convincing victory.
Walker said: "We wanted to be more competitive in this game and get a win under our belts.
"So far in pre-season we've been looking at building up fitness, but this was a game where the result was important too.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm very happy that we've kept a clean sheet and shown good quality in front of goal.
"The team spirit in the squad is brilliant, and it's all coming together nicely ahead of the league season."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Both teams created a host of chances throughout the match, but Fowlmere's superior finishing was the difference between the sides.
Carl Frostick struck twice in the opening period to make the score 2-0 at half time, while George Kew added to this tally after the break with a header.
Fowlmere have their final pre-season game next Tuesday, when they take on Great Chishill.
The BIS Division One season then gets underway on September 6, when Fowlmere take on Gamlingay.
On Saturday, Shaun Audley scored Fowlmere's only goal in a 3-1 defeat against Histon 'A'.
Walker said: "They were a very good side, and probably the best we have faced all pre-season.
"But it was a good workout, because these sorts of games are a valuable test.
"I think we surprised them a bit at times, and overall it was a decent performance.