Fowlmere's good run goes on
Fowlmere 1 Fulbourn Institute 0 FOWLMERE maintained their unbeaten start to the season with this narrow victory on Saturday thanks to a goal from teenager Joe Carver. It was a dogged performance from Fowlemere against a side that always made things diffic
Fowlmere 1 Fulbourn Institute 0
FOWLMERE maintained their unbeaten start to the season with this narrow victory on Saturday thanks to a goal from teenager Joe Carver.
It was a dogged performance from Fowlemere against a side that always made things difficult.
Fowlmere suffered a major blow early on when they lost skipper Matt Poole with a leg injury. He was replaced by Matt King and with Kyle Darcy moving to the centre of the defence, but Fowlmere always remained solid at the back.
You may also want to watch:
The game flowed from end to end and it was no surprise that when the interval arrived neither side had managed a goal.
Carver finally broke the deadlock not long after the break following a corner by Darcy that bobbled around in the area before Carver shot home.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
"We're not the prettiest side in the league but the way we play we are very effective at getting results," said Fowlmere manager Steve Walker.
"Fulbourn made it difficult but we worked very hard and we are now only three points off the top of the table with two games in hand."
Fowlmere: Harben, Darcy, Poole, Ridings, O'Farrell, Carver, woods, Ruggles, Caley, Mizon, Audley. Subs: King, Fidgette, Fostick.