Fowlmere's good run goes on
Fowlmere 1 Fulbourn Institute 0 FOWLMERE maintained their unbeaten start to the season with this narrow victory on Saturday thanks to a goal from teenager Joe Carver. It was a dogged performance from Fowlemere against a side that always made things diffic
Fowlmere 1 Fulbourn Institute 0
FOWLMERE maintained their unbeaten start to the season with this narrow victory on Saturday thanks to a goal from teenager Joe Carver.
It was a dogged performance from Fowlemere against a side that always made things difficult.
Fowlmere suffered a major blow early on when they lost skipper Matt Poole with a leg injury. He was replaced by Matt King and with Kyle Darcy moving to the centre of the defence, but Fowlmere always remained solid at the back.
The game flowed from end to end and it was no surprise that when the interval arrived neither side had managed a goal.
Carver finally broke the deadlock not long after the break following a corner by Darcy that bobbled around in the area before Carver shot home.
- 1 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
"We're not the prettiest side in the league but the way we play we are very effective at getting results," said Fowlmere manager Steve Walker.
"Fulbourn made it difficult but we worked very hard and we are now only three points off the top of the table with two games in hand."
Fowlmere: Harben, Darcy, Poole, Ridings, O'Farrell, Carver, woods, Ruggles, Caley, Mizon, Audley. Subs: King, Fidgette, Fostick.