Fowlmere's good run goes on
Fowlmere 1 Fulbourn Institute 0 FOWLMERE maintained their unbeaten start to the season with this narrow victory on Saturday thanks to a goal from teenager Joe Carver. It was a dogged performance from Fowlemere against a side that always made things diffic
Fowlmere 1 Fulbourn Institute 0
FOWLMERE maintained their unbeaten start to the season with this narrow victory on Saturday thanks to a goal from teenager Joe Carver.
It was a dogged performance from Fowlemere against a side that always made things difficult.
Fowlmere suffered a major blow early on when they lost skipper Matt Poole with a leg injury. He was replaced by Matt King and with Kyle Darcy moving to the centre of the defence, but Fowlmere always remained solid at the back.
The game flowed from end to end and it was no surprise that when the interval arrived neither side had managed a goal.
Carver finally broke the deadlock not long after the break following a corner by Darcy that bobbled around in the area before Carver shot home.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
"We're not the prettiest side in the league but the way we play we are very effective at getting results," said Fowlmere manager Steve Walker.
"Fulbourn made it difficult but we worked very hard and we are now only three points off the top of the table with two games in hand."
Fowlmere: Harben, Darcy, Poole, Ridings, O'Farrell, Carver, woods, Ruggles, Caley, Mizon, Audley. Subs: King, Fidgette, Fostick.