Fowlmere end losing run
Fowlmere 1 Sawston United 1 DAN Caley s 12th goal of the season ended Fowlmere s losing streak and secured a valuable point against BIS 1A promotion hopefuls Sawston United. It was a much needed result for Steve Walker s team, having lost their momentum o
Fowlmere 1 Sawston United 1
DAN Caley's 12th goal of the season ended Fowlmere's losing streak and secured a valuable point against BIS 1A promotion hopefuls Sawston United.
It was a much needed result for Steve Walker's team, having lost their momentum of late, and if anything they were disappointed not to have taking more from the game.
Walker said: "It was a great result for us and we certainly needed it. Sawston United have a very good chance of winning the league and we showed that we can more than match them.
You may also want to watch:
"We had an exceptional first half, and were unlucky not to have gone in front with both Darren Dyer and Karyl Darcey going close."
However, it was goalscoring midfielder Caley, who made the breakthrough midway through the second half when he fired an angled strike into the corner of the net to give Fowlmere a deserved lead.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Chances then fell to both Dyer and Neil Robinson to extend Fowlmere's lead, before the visitors levelled, David Negus slotting the ball past Tom Fulk.
Walker said: "With three cup competitions to play for our season is very much still alive. Dan Caley has become a very important player for us. For a midfielder his goal return is fantastic and he has one of the best left foots in the league."
On Saturday Fowlmere entertain ninth-placed Camden United - a team who have only won one of their last eight league games.
Fowlmere: Fulk; Reynolds, Sewell, King, Kew; Caley, Robinson, Cripps, Darcey; Dyer, Douglas. (Subs): Fidgett, Frostik, Walker.