Fowlmere boss: We're ready to go
Buntingford T 0 Fowlmere 5 A COOLLY taken brace by former Royston Town striker Graham Tibbals started Fowlmere s pre-season with a bang on Saturday. The BIS Division 1A side comprehensively beat their Herts County League opponents with Tibbals needing ju
Buntingford T 0 Fowlmere 5
A COOLLY taken brace by former Royston Town striker Graham Tibbals started Fowlmere's pre-season with a bang on Saturday.
The BIS Division 1A side comprehensively beat their Herts County League opponents with Tibbals needing just three minutes of his debut to underline his goalscoring threat.
Moments later another new boy, Ian Tokely crashed in a left-foot half volley, before former Litlington midfielder Terry Woods made it three.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Walker's side had to wait until midway through the second half for another breakthrough when striker Shaun Audley capped a fine performance with a powerful header.
At the other end, another former Royston Town player, centre-back Stuart Snowden, also excelled.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Late in the half Tibbals pounced for his second, following some intelligent play from Dan Caley.
Manager Walker said: "It was a good all round performance and a great start to our pre-season fixtures. We had six new players come in and I thought they all did very well.
"It was good to have Stuart and Graham involved because they give us experience and goals respectively.
"Hopefully they'll be with us for the forthcoming season, because they have a lot to offer. I thought all the new players played well, with Terry Woods and Ian Tokeley also doing particularly well in midfield."
Fowlmere face Buntingford Wanderers at Buntingford Community Centre on Saturday, 3pm.
Walker said: "It should be another good game, and a chance for the new boys to slot in and show what they can do once more. Wanderers are a physical side, so we're expecting a different type of game, which is what you want in pre-season.
"Although it's early days the signs look good.
"The team has a great attitude, and with a bit of tweaking here and there I think we're ready to go.