Fowlmere boss: We're ready to go
Buntingford T 0 Fowlmere 5 A COOLLY taken brace by former Royston Town striker Graham Tibbals started Fowlmere s pre-season with a bang on Saturday. The BIS Division 1A side comprehensively beat their Herts County League opponents with Tibbals needing ju
Buntingford T 0 Fowlmere 5
A COOLLY taken brace by former Royston Town striker Graham Tibbals started Fowlmere's pre-season with a bang on Saturday.
The BIS Division 1A side comprehensively beat their Herts County League opponents with Tibbals needing just three minutes of his debut to underline his goalscoring threat.
Moments later another new boy, Ian Tokely crashed in a left-foot half volley, before former Litlington midfielder Terry Woods made it three.
Steve Walker's side had to wait until midway through the second half for another breakthrough when striker Shaun Audley capped a fine performance with a powerful header.
At the other end, another former Royston Town player, centre-back Stuart Snowden, also excelled.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Late in the half Tibbals pounced for his second, following some intelligent play from Dan Caley.
Manager Walker said: "It was a good all round performance and a great start to our pre-season fixtures. We had six new players come in and I thought they all did very well.
"It was good to have Stuart and Graham involved because they give us experience and goals respectively.
"Hopefully they'll be with us for the forthcoming season, because they have a lot to offer. I thought all the new players played well, with Terry Woods and Ian Tokeley also doing particularly well in midfield."
Fowlmere face Buntingford Wanderers at Buntingford Community Centre on Saturday, 3pm.
Walker said: "It should be another good game, and a chance for the new boys to slot in and show what they can do once more. Wanderers are a physical side, so we're expecting a different type of game, which is what you want in pre-season.
"Although it's early days the signs look good.
"The team has a great attitude, and with a bit of tweaking here and there I think we're ready to go.