Fowlmere and Foxton to battle it out in final
Fowlmere 4 JM Metals 1 FOWLMERE booked their place in tomorrow s (Friday) final of the Chris Boote Memorial Tournament after a stunning victory over JM Metals on Monday, action right. Fowlmere started the match in scintillating fashion, pressuring the JM
Fowlmere 4 JM Metals 1
FOWLMERE booked their place in tomorrow's (Friday) final of the Chris Boote Memorial Tournament after a stunning victory over JM Metals on Monday, action right.
Fowlmere started the match in scintillating fashion, pressuring the JM Metals rearguard at every opportunity.
After 10 minutes their pressure was rewarded when Daniel O'Farrell bundled in a Barry Wood free kick.
Metals equalised 15 minutes later through Adam Stokes.
Fowlmere replied soon after when Adam Field turned his marker and slotted the ball past a stranded Metals keeper moments before half-time.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
The all-important goal was scored by Fowlmere when Ian Geal hit home a close-range volley.
Minutes later Trevor Symonds killed the game with a deflected strike from outside of the box and put his side 4-1 up.
Fowlmere: Carl Pedlar, Matt Foggo, Mark Hauacre, Nick King, Chris Jelly, Sean Douglas, Ian Geal, Danny O'Farrell, Barry Woods, Adam Fields, Trevor Symonds
JM Metals: David Coughlin, Elliott McGrath, Francis Beck, Steve Plumb, Rob Ellis, Oliver McGrath, Paul Stokes, Liam Austen, Terry Woods, Dalton O'Brien Adam Stokes
Fowlmere will be joined in the final by Foxton, who beat Bassingbourn 2-0 in the other semi-final on Tuesday.
Foxton scored through Iain Tokeley and Shaun Audley.
The final will be played on Friday May 26.
Bassingbourn: A Wheleman, K Barthrop, A Read, J Thorpe, M Dardy, C Dean, P Munford, T Collins G Clarke, M Lees, R Harris
Foxton: C Coates, M Rhodes, J Clarke, S Audley, S Shepherd, N Edwards, A.Gray, A Flack, D Chamberlain, I Tokeley, D Handscombe, M. Coates, S Webber.