Fowlmere and Foxton to battle it out in final
Fowlmere 4 JM Metals 1 FOWLMERE booked their place in tomorrow s (Friday) final of the Chris Boote Memorial Tournament after a stunning victory over JM Metals on Monday, action right. Fowlmere started the match in scintillating fashion, pressuring the JM
Fowlmere 4 JM Metals 1
FOWLMERE booked their place in tomorrow's (Friday) final of the Chris Boote Memorial Tournament after a stunning victory over JM Metals on Monday, action right.
Fowlmere started the match in scintillating fashion, pressuring the JM Metals rearguard at every opportunity.
After 10 minutes their pressure was rewarded when Daniel O'Farrell bundled in a Barry Wood free kick.
You may also want to watch:
Metals equalised 15 minutes later through Adam Stokes.
Fowlmere replied soon after when Adam Field turned his marker and slotted the ball past a stranded Metals keeper moments before half-time.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The all-important goal was scored by Fowlmere when Ian Geal hit home a close-range volley.
Minutes later Trevor Symonds killed the game with a deflected strike from outside of the box and put his side 4-1 up.
Fowlmere: Carl Pedlar, Matt Foggo, Mark Hauacre, Nick King, Chris Jelly, Sean Douglas, Ian Geal, Danny O'Farrell, Barry Woods, Adam Fields, Trevor Symonds
JM Metals: David Coughlin, Elliott McGrath, Francis Beck, Steve Plumb, Rob Ellis, Oliver McGrath, Paul Stokes, Liam Austen, Terry Woods, Dalton O'Brien Adam Stokes
Fowlmere will be joined in the final by Foxton, who beat Bassingbourn 2-0 in the other semi-final on Tuesday.
Foxton scored through Iain Tokeley and Shaun Audley.
The final will be played on Friday May 26.
Bassingbourn: A Wheleman, K Barthrop, A Read, J Thorpe, M Dardy, C Dean, P Munford, T Collins G Clarke, M Lees, R Harris
Foxton: C Coates, M Rhodes, J Clarke, S Audley, S Shepherd, N Edwards, A.Gray, A Flack, D Chamberlain, I Tokeley, D Handscombe, M. Coates, S Webber.