GOLF DEREK Noades and Graham Cartwright will represent Royston Golf Club in the Daily Mail Foursomes Knockout after winning the club s foursomes qualifying competition. In the 48th year of the prestigious competition, which features clubs from across the
DEREK Noades and Graham Cartwright will represent Royston Golf Club in the Daily Mail Foursomes Knockout after winning the club's foursomes qualifying competition.
In the 48th year of the prestigious competition, which features clubs from across the UK and Ireland, Noades and Cartwright were the pair to beat and impressed from the off to eventually win with a net 68.
Nick Sugden and Peter Dean pushed them close with a net 71, while Fred Wilding and Neil Skehel, and John Griffin and James McKenzie finished on 72.
Wilding and Skehel also started brightly but after a horrendous nine on the par five 17th hole things began to slip away.
John Nicholl of Royston Golf Club said: "Foursomes is perhaps the most difficult form of golf to play, in that pairs play alternate shots with one ball.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
"A good shot could be followed by your partner's destructive one, or vice versa.