GOLF DEREK Noades and Graham Cartwright will represent Royston Golf Club in the Daily Mail Foursomes Knockout after winning the club s foursomes qualifying competition. In the 48th year of the prestigious competition, which features clubs from across the
DEREK Noades and Graham Cartwright will represent Royston Golf Club in the Daily Mail Foursomes Knockout after winning the club's foursomes qualifying competition.
In the 48th year of the prestigious competition, which features clubs from across the UK and Ireland, Noades and Cartwright were the pair to beat and impressed from the off to eventually win with a net 68.
Nick Sugden and Peter Dean pushed them close with a net 71, while Fred Wilding and Neil Skehel, and John Griffin and James McKenzie finished on 72.
You may also want to watch:
Wilding and Skehel also started brightly but after a horrendous nine on the par five 17th hole things began to slip away.
John Nicholl of Royston Golf Club said: "Foursomes is perhaps the most difficult form of golf to play, in that pairs play alternate shots with one ball.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
"A good shot could be followed by your partner's destructive one, or vice versa.