GOLF DEREK Noades and Graham Cartwright will represent Royston Golf Club in the Daily Mail Foursomes Knockout after winning the club s foursomes qualifying competition. In the 48th year of the prestigious competition, which features clubs from across the
DEREK Noades and Graham Cartwright will represent Royston Golf Club in the Daily Mail Foursomes Knockout after winning the club's foursomes qualifying competition.
In the 48th year of the prestigious competition, which features clubs from across the UK and Ireland, Noades and Cartwright were the pair to beat and impressed from the off to eventually win with a net 68.
Nick Sugden and Peter Dean pushed them close with a net 71, while Fred Wilding and Neil Skehel, and John Griffin and James McKenzie finished on 72.
You may also want to watch:
Wilding and Skehel also started brightly but after a horrendous nine on the par five 17th hole things began to slip away.
John Nicholl of Royston Golf Club said: "Foursomes is perhaps the most difficult form of golf to play, in that pairs play alternate shots with one ball.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
"A good shot could be followed by your partner's destructive one, or vice versa.