Four goal blast from Long
Letchworth GCE Yellows U-10 0 Royston Town Colts A 9 JAKE Long blasted four goals as Colts romped to victory at Letchworth. COLTS started this game full of confidence having beaten Letchworth twice already this season and scoring nine goals against them.
Letchworth GCE Yellows U-10 0 Royston Town Colts A 9
JAKE Long blasted four goals as Colts romped to victory at Letchworth.
COLTS started this game full of confidence having beaten Letchworth twice already this season and scoring nine goals against them.
The visitors took only five minutes to open their account, as Long went on a mazy run through the Letchworth team, his shot was parried by the keeper into the path of Jordan Campbell who fired the ball home on the half volley from the edge of the box.
Colts' second came from a defence splitting pass from Long through to Matthew Stout who was left one on one with the keeper and coolly slotted the ball underneath the keepers despairing dive.
Royston's third came from a piece of play which has worked well for Colts throughout the season, a long throw-in from Campbell was flicked on by Stout for Long to control and slot into the net unmarked.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
The fourth came just before half-time with some route one football, Letchworth had a throw in which was cleared by Campbell from inside the Colts box over the halfway line and into the path of Reece King who calmly went round the keeper and slotted the ball into an empty net.
Within minutes of the re-start Campbell took a long throw-in to Stout whose flick on rebounded of a Letchworth defender and back to his feet, his snap shot brought a good save from the keeper, but Long was again on hand to claim his second of the match.
With Letchworth down to 10 men after a player limped out of the action, Colts then scored four goals, Campbell, King and two from Long, all of which were similar in nature as the ball was won on each occasion in midfield after a goal kick, a couple of one two's split open the Letchworth defence and left two Colts attackers through with only the keeper to beat.