Four goal blast from Long
Letchworth GCE Yellows U-10 0 Royston Town Colts A 9 JAKE Long blasted four goals as Colts romped to victory at Letchworth. COLTS started this game full of confidence having beaten Letchworth twice already this season and scoring nine goals against them.
Letchworth GCE Yellows U-10 0 Royston Town Colts A 9
JAKE Long blasted four goals as Colts romped to victory at Letchworth.
COLTS started this game full of confidence having beaten Letchworth twice already this season and scoring nine goals against them.
The visitors took only five minutes to open their account, as Long went on a mazy run through the Letchworth team, his shot was parried by the keeper into the path of Jordan Campbell who fired the ball home on the half volley from the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
Colts' second came from a defence splitting pass from Long through to Matthew Stout who was left one on one with the keeper and coolly slotted the ball underneath the keepers despairing dive.
Royston's third came from a piece of play which has worked well for Colts throughout the season, a long throw-in from Campbell was flicked on by Stout for Long to control and slot into the net unmarked.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The fourth came just before half-time with some route one football, Letchworth had a throw in which was cleared by Campbell from inside the Colts box over the halfway line and into the path of Reece King who calmly went round the keeper and slotted the ball into an empty net.
Within minutes of the re-start Campbell took a long throw-in to Stout whose flick on rebounded of a Letchworth defender and back to his feet, his snap shot brought a good save from the keeper, but Long was again on hand to claim his second of the match.
With Letchworth down to 10 men after a player limped out of the action, Colts then scored four goals, Campbell, King and two from Long, all of which were similar in nature as the ball was won on each occasion in midfield after a goal kick, a couple of one two's split open the Letchworth defence and left two Colts attackers through with only the keeper to beat.