Four awards for Brian
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club s annual dinner and awards evening. The all-rounder finished top of both the first team s batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players pla
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club's annual dinner and awards evening.
The all-rounder finished top of both the first team's batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players' player of the year.
He also won the first team batting and bowling awards, with the first team fielding award going to Chris Markham.
Eddie Collins was awarded the second team player of the year prize after a successful campaign, and also picked up the batting award, having achieved an impressive average of 103.
You may also want to watch:
Eric Davis won the second team bowler of the year, and Jack Hawkins was best fielder.
The award for most improved player went to Mathew George, the young player of the year award went to James Hopkinson-Hughes, and the clubman of the year was Phillip George.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
Barley first team finished in sixth place in division one south and will compete in the same league next year.
The second team won promotion from division five south after finishing runners up, and will play, among others, Royston's second team next year.