Four awards for Brian
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club s annual dinner and awards evening. The all-rounder finished top of both the first team s batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players pla
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club's annual dinner and awards evening.
The all-rounder finished top of both the first team's batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players' player of the year.
He also won the first team batting and bowling awards, with the first team fielding award going to Chris Markham.
Eddie Collins was awarded the second team player of the year prize after a successful campaign, and also picked up the batting award, having achieved an impressive average of 103.
You may also want to watch:
Eric Davis won the second team bowler of the year, and Jack Hawkins was best fielder.
The award for most improved player went to Mathew George, the young player of the year award went to James Hopkinson-Hughes, and the clubman of the year was Phillip George.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Barley first team finished in sixth place in division one south and will compete in the same league next year.
The second team won promotion from division five south after finishing runners up, and will play, among others, Royston's second team next year.