Four awards for Brian
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club s annual dinner and awards evening. The all-rounder finished top of both the first team s batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players pla
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club's annual dinner and awards evening.
The all-rounder finished top of both the first team's batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players' player of the year.
He also won the first team batting and bowling awards, with the first team fielding award going to Chris Markham.
Eddie Collins was awarded the second team player of the year prize after a successful campaign, and also picked up the batting award, having achieved an impressive average of 103.
Eric Davis won the second team bowler of the year, and Jack Hawkins was best fielder.
The award for most improved player went to Mathew George, the young player of the year award went to James Hopkinson-Hughes, and the clubman of the year was Phillip George.
- 1 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Barley first team finished in sixth place in division one south and will compete in the same league next year.
The second team won promotion from division five south after finishing runners up, and will play, among others, Royston's second team next year.