Four awards for Brian
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club s annual dinner and awards evening. The all-rounder finished top of both the first team s batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players pla
BRIAN Symes scooped four awards at Barley Cricket Club's annual dinner and awards evening.
The all-rounder finished top of both the first team's batting and bowling averages last season, and was voted the first team player of the year and the players' player of the year.
He also won the first team batting and bowling awards, with the first team fielding award going to Chris Markham.
Eddie Collins was awarded the second team player of the year prize after a successful campaign, and also picked up the batting award, having achieved an impressive average of 103.
Eric Davis won the second team bowler of the year, and Jack Hawkins was best fielder.
The award for most improved player went to Mathew George, the young player of the year award went to James Hopkinson-Hughes, and the clubman of the year was Phillip George.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 10 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
Barley first team finished in sixth place in division one south and will compete in the same league next year.
The second team won promotion from division five south after finishing runners up, and will play, among others, Royston's second team next year.