Former Crows star earns trial at QPR
Craig Hammond to have week-long trial at Championship leaders
FORMER Crows hitman Craig Hammond has earned a week-long trial at Championship leaders QPR.
Hammond, 23, has notched 22 goals for Zamaretto Premier Division side Cambridge City so far this season and scouts from the London club have been suitably impressed with his form in recent matches.
As well as training with Neil Warnock’s side, he will also feature in a reserve team fixture.
Hammond will be determined to grab the opportunity with both hands after struggling to make an impact at Conference side Histon following his move from Royston Town in 2009.
However, his form for the Lilywhites this season has been excellent and his manager Gary Roberts believes he has made great strides in recent months and fully deserves this opportunity.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre