Former Crows star earns trial at QPR
Craig Hammond to have week-long trial at Championship leaders
FORMER Crows hitman Craig Hammond has earned a week-long trial at Championship leaders QPR.
Hammond, 23, has notched 22 goals for Zamaretto Premier Division side Cambridge City so far this season and scouts from the London club have been suitably impressed with his form in recent matches.
As well as training with Neil Warnock’s side, he will also feature in a reserve team fixture.
Hammond will be determined to grab the opportunity with both hands after struggling to make an impact at Conference side Histon following his move from Royston Town in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
However, his form for the Lilywhites this season has been excellent and his manager Gary Roberts believes he has made great strides in recent months and fully deserves this opportunity.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court