Former club champions claim betterball crown
FORMER club champions Robert Clark and Gary Hainsworth won the fourball betterball stableford at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. One-handicapper Clark and four-handicapper Hainsworth amassed 43 points, to squeeze Stuart Phillips and Jonathan Osler into seco
FORMER club champions Robert Clark and Gary Hainsworth won the fourball betterball stableford at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
One-handicapper Clark and four-handicapper Hainsworth amassed 43 points, to squeeze Stuart Phillips and Jonathan Osler into second place on countback.
Scratch player Phillips and three-handicapper Osler, the current Ron Freeman County Foursomes champions, could not quite match the birdies of Clark and Hainsworth.
In a day when lower handicappers fared well, scratch team captain Adam Woods, partnered by Trevor Deards, took third spot on countback from Eric Baker and Malcolm Meeson-Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Royston also hosted the Thomson Tour - a professional attended event.
More than 30 professionals took part and many of the competitors found the course a tough test.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Only two players managed to match par, and in return picked up the winners cheques.
Matt Bannister from Nazeing and David Wilton from Muswell Hill shared the pot.