Former club champions claim betterball crown
FORMER club champions Robert Clark and Gary Hainsworth won the fourball betterball stableford at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. One-handicapper Clark and four-handicapper Hainsworth amassed 43 points, to squeeze Stuart Phillips and Jonathan Osler into seco
FORMER club champions Robert Clark and Gary Hainsworth won the fourball betterball stableford at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
One-handicapper Clark and four-handicapper Hainsworth amassed 43 points, to squeeze Stuart Phillips and Jonathan Osler into second place on countback.
Scratch player Phillips and three-handicapper Osler, the current Ron Freeman County Foursomes champions, could not quite match the birdies of Clark and Hainsworth.
In a day when lower handicappers fared well, scratch team captain Adam Woods, partnered by Trevor Deards, took third spot on countback from Eric Baker and Malcolm Meeson-Smith.
Royston also hosted the Thomson Tour - a professional attended event.
More than 30 professionals took part and many of the competitors found the course a tough test.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
Only two players managed to match par, and in return picked up the winners cheques.
Matt Bannister from Nazeing and David Wilton from Muswell Hill shared the pot.