Former club champions claim betterball crown
FORMER club champions Robert Clark and Gary Hainsworth won the fourball betterball stableford at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. One-handicapper Clark and four-handicapper Hainsworth amassed 43 points, to squeeze Stuart Phillips and Jonathan Osler into seco
FORMER club champions Robert Clark and Gary Hainsworth won the fourball betterball stableford at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
One-handicapper Clark and four-handicapper Hainsworth amassed 43 points, to squeeze Stuart Phillips and Jonathan Osler into second place on countback.
Scratch player Phillips and three-handicapper Osler, the current Ron Freeman County Foursomes champions, could not quite match the birdies of Clark and Hainsworth.
In a day when lower handicappers fared well, scratch team captain Adam Woods, partnered by Trevor Deards, took third spot on countback from Eric Baker and Malcolm Meeson-Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Royston also hosted the Thomson Tour - a professional attended event.
More than 30 professionals took part and many of the competitors found the course a tough test.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Only two players managed to match par, and in return picked up the winners cheques.
Matt Bannister from Nazeing and David Wilton from Muswell Hill shared the pot.