Former Cantabs head coach takes reins at Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston RFC have appointed Mick Jones as their new head coach.
Jones brings a wealth of experience having held the reins at Hitchin RFC, Letchworth and most recently Cantabs where he achieved two promotions in three seasons.
With the Crows, who were boosted this week by the announcment that England World Cup winner Will Greenwood will join as an honorary board member, eyeing Herts/Middlesex One promotion this season, Jones was drawn to the club’s ambition.
Jones said: “It was the ambition and drive shown by Royston to cultivate the players, the club and the game as a whole, which attracted me to drop down two divisions and lead this side.”
His first priority will be to retain the majority of the existing squad while elevating both core skills and fitness levels.
You may also want to watch:
Jones will also focus on refining the abilities of the three senior teams to strengthen the club as a whole, while aiding player transition from colts to seniors.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements