Former Cantabs head coach takes reins at Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston RFC have appointed Mick Jones as their new head coach.
Jones brings a wealth of experience having held the reins at Hitchin RFC, Letchworth and most recently Cantabs where he achieved two promotions in three seasons.
With the Crows, who were boosted this week by the announcment that England World Cup winner Will Greenwood will join as an honorary board member, eyeing Herts/Middlesex One promotion this season, Jones was drawn to the club’s ambition.
Jones said: “It was the ambition and drive shown by Royston to cultivate the players, the club and the game as a whole, which attracted me to drop down two divisions and lead this side.”
His first priority will be to retain the majority of the existing squad while elevating both core skills and fitness levels.
You may also want to watch:
Jones will also focus on refining the abilities of the three senior teams to strengthen the club as a whole, while aiding player transition from colts to seniors.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims