Ford inspires Spots to win
Knebworth Youth Spots 2 Shephall United Hurricanes B 0 The Spots started the ball rolling with a well deserved 2-0 win with both goals coming from Joe Ford. The nature of the win becomes even more significant as the Spots were playing with only six play
Knebworth Youth Spots 2 Shephall United Hurricanes B 0
The Spots started the ball rolling with a well deserved 2-0 win with both goals coming from Joe Ford.
The nature of the win becomes even more significant as the Spots were playing with only six players against a full strength seven-a-side Shephall team.
Debutant Louis showed great pace and tenacity getting stuck in with some vital tackles and bringing the ball away from defence.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Meeks had some good efforts in the first half and was unlucky not to score.
James had a fairly quiet time in goal in the first half and didn't really have any saves to make with Tim and Louis proving difficult to get past. Joe Ford's first of the season saw us go in 1-0 up at the break.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
The second half saw the Spots continue to dominate. Archie was dominant in midfield and Sam again had another good effort saved by the Shephall 'keeper and was putting in some testing crosses for the Spots strikers.
The lads worked hard to overcome the disadvantage of having a player less and their reward came with Joe Ford scoring his second after a superb run again from Louis.
Archie teamed up well with Sam and was unlucky to put his shot over the bar.
Joe could have had his hat trick but put his shot wide.
Tim was keeping things tight at the back and wasn't letting much get past him. On the rare occasion Shephall found a way into the Spots' penalty area James Foy was there to ensure he kept a clean sheet.
The game ended with more dominant Spots possession with Archie, Sam and Joe all coming close to adding to the scoreline but just falling short of putting the ball in the back of the net.
The game ended 2-0 and a fantastic win for the Spots which was very well deserved.