Football title yet again for Greneway School
- Credit: Archant
Greneway School have snatched the Year 5 and 6 North Herts ESFA boys’ 7-a-side football champions for the 10th consecutive time and booked their place in the County Wix competition after their Reds side triumphed in this year’s tournament at Meridian School.
Competing on an impressive 3G facility, the Reds and Greneway Whites took on the might of Roysia and St.Mary’s in a league format-style competition.
The Reds took on Roysia in their opener and faced a dogged defence in the early exchanges.
However, Greneway found a way through and prevailed 5-0.
The Whites started their campaign with a 2-1 win over St Mary’s.
You may also want to watch:
The second round of matches saw Roysia beat St.Marys 1-0, while the Reds left it late to beat Whites 1-0.
In the final games, the Whites beat Roysia 2-0 and Reds comfortably past St Mary’s 4-0.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The County Wix tournament takes place on November 7.