Food for thought as U’s announce new menu
United sign deal with new catering firm
FRESHLY cooked burgers, hot dogs, and bacon rolls are back on the menu at the Abbey Stadium.
Cambridge United have agreed a deal which will see local firm JB Catering providing hot food for the club’s tea bars next season.
The firm boasts contracts with Wembley and Twickenham Stadiums, and are promising a return to the standard of grub which saw United win a host of awards for it’s bacon rolls in past seasons.
Owner of JB Catering, James Birtch, said: “We can’t wait for the new season to get underway and are confident the U’s fans will really enjoy what we have to serve up”
You may also want to watch:
Robert Smith, United’s general manager, added: “We want our supporters to have the confidence to come along to matches and receive a quality of food which they can enjoy and enhance their match day experience.
“The deal is also good news for the club on a financial level. Every decision we now take we do so with the interests of our supporters and financial security of the Club in mind,” he said.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM