First podium of the season for James East
- Credit: Archant
James East took his first podium finish of the season in the latest round of the 2015 Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship at Brands Hatch.
The Royston rider’s combined qualifyng times saw him starting from the second row of the grid in fourth place.
On raceday, East was riding hard from the off, and despite dropping from fourth to sixth, he was still in contention.
Biding his time, he gradually honed in on the riders ahead of him.
With very few laps remaining, he took his opportunity, passing two rivals to climb to fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
Third-placed Jesse Trayler was then towing East around the final few bends.
Preparing to make a last corner move to edge ahead of Trayler, he was then gifted the third step of the podium when series leader Josh Elliott fell at Clearways corner, leaving East to bring his Downshift Motorsport ZX10R Kawasaki home for a fine result.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?