First podium of the season for James East
- Credit: Archant
James East took his first podium finish of the season in the latest round of the 2015 Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship at Brands Hatch.
The Royston rider’s combined qualifyng times saw him starting from the second row of the grid in fourth place.
On raceday, East was riding hard from the off, and despite dropping from fourth to sixth, he was still in contention.
Biding his time, he gradually honed in on the riders ahead of him.
With very few laps remaining, he took his opportunity, passing two rivals to climb to fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
Third-placed Jesse Trayler was then towing East around the final few bends.
Preparing to make a last corner move to edge ahead of Trayler, he was then gifted the third step of the podium when series leader Josh Elliott fell at Clearways corner, leaving East to bring his Downshift Motorsport ZX10R Kawasaki home for a fine result.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire