First half salvo wins it for Chishill
Comberton United Reserves 0 Great Chishill 4 GREAT Chishill recorded a good in their first away match of the season but had a huge slice of luck to get them on their way. After a scrappy opening 15 minutes they took the lead when Gary Radford s corner was
Comberton United Reserves 0 Great Chishill 4
GREAT Chishill recorded a good in their first away match of the season but had a huge slice of luck to get them on their way.
After a scrappy opening 15 minutes they took the lead when Gary Radford's corner was punched into the net by the Comberton keeper.
Soon afterwards another Radford corner was headed in by a defender for a second own goal and Chishill were on their way to a comfortable win with Jon Hodge's link up play a particular highlight.
The game was sealed before half time when Ali Porter raced through to slot home his second goal of the season.
The second half saw a less energetic performance from Chishill as Comberton fought to get back in the game, but the hosts never really looked like scoring.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Elliot Drury had a close range effort blocked while Peter Jackson had a shot saved brilliantly by the keeper, but Chishill did finally manage a fourth when substitute Gareth Edey scored on his return from injury when running on to a through ball he beat the keeper with a sweet drive from the edge of the box with the outside of his boot.
Chishill: Bennett; R Drury, Gardiner, Saward, Bramwell, Jackson, E Drury, J Drury, Radford, J Hodge, Porter. Subs: Edey, T Hodge.