First half salvo wins it for Chishill
Comberton United Reserves 0 Great Chishill 4 GREAT Chishill recorded a good in their first away match of the season but had a huge slice of luck to get them on their way. After a scrappy opening 15 minutes they took the lead when Gary Radford s corner was
Comberton United Reserves 0 Great Chishill 4
GREAT Chishill recorded a good in their first away match of the season but had a huge slice of luck to get them on their way.
After a scrappy opening 15 minutes they took the lead when Gary Radford's corner was punched into the net by the Comberton keeper.
Soon afterwards another Radford corner was headed in by a defender for a second own goal and Chishill were on their way to a comfortable win with Jon Hodge's link up play a particular highlight.
You may also want to watch:
The game was sealed before half time when Ali Porter raced through to slot home his second goal of the season.
The second half saw a less energetic performance from Chishill as Comberton fought to get back in the game, but the hosts never really looked like scoring.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
Elliot Drury had a close range effort blocked while Peter Jackson had a shot saved brilliantly by the keeper, but Chishill did finally manage a fourth when substitute Gareth Edey scored on his return from injury when running on to a through ball he beat the keeper with a sweet drive from the edge of the box with the outside of his boot.
Chishill: Bennett; R Drury, Gardiner, Saward, Bramwell, Jackson, E Drury, J Drury, Radford, J Hodge, Porter. Subs: Edey, T Hodge.