First defeat of season for Royston
Royston 1 Saffron Walden 3 SAFFRON Walden inflicted a first defeat of the season on Royston, who were demoted from second place in the league as a result. Royston had gone ahead through Kate Nankivell when she struck home a big hit after storming the oppo
Royston 1 Saffron Walden 3
SAFFRON Walden inflicted a first defeat of the season on Royston, who were demoted from second place in the league as a result.
Royston had gone ahead through Kate Nankivell when she struck home a big hit after storming the opposition's defence, but they were soon pegged back by their opponents whose goal made it 1-1 at half time.
The second half saw Royston lose some of the magic they have possessed so far this season, and their opponents took full advantage and put away a further two goals.
You may also want to watch:
This was far from Royston's best performance of the season and they have vowed to step up a gear for next week's home match against Stevenage.
Royston III 0 Hitchin Blueharts III 3
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
THREE first half goals won the game for promotion hopefuls Hitchin, with Royston unable to convert any of the few chances that came their way.
In the second half Royston came out much stronger but were unable to make any inroads.
In the end it was a decent defensive performance by Royston which stopped their opponents from adding to their three goals.