First-day win is a novelty!
FOR the first time in a long while Thriplow seconds started their season with a win. Put into bat, Thriplow had no idea what score would be competitive. However, it soon became clear that runs were not going to be easy on a slow wicket with a slow outf
FOR the first time in a long while Thriplow seconds started their season with a win.
Put into bat, Thriplow had no idea what score would be competitive.
However, it soon became clear that runs were not going to be easy on a slow wicket with a slow outfield.
Thriplow's openers Walker (19) and Carr (23) built a solid platform, but only one boundary in the first 23 overs soon saw a big score out of the question.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Martin Dabnor increased the tempo with 46 not out, with Thriplow finishing on 131 for 6 - a total much less than they had hoped for.
In response opponents, Abington found scoring even harder, with a fine spell from Woolley of 14 for 1 off 10 overs putting the pressure on the hosts.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Thiplow's other bowlers, Care, Deed and Dabnor continued to keep things tight and when danger man Hall was eventually run out going for a quick single the run rate was too much for the Abington tail.
Abington finished on 100 for 8, leaving the Thriplow players scratching their heads, trying to remember when they last started the season with a win, and nobody could!