First all-club tournament is hailed a success
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its first All- Club Tournament on Sunday at the Meridian School Courts. Juniors and seniors mixed together and played doubles for the Ansmann Energy Cup. A record turnout of 14 pairs took part. Matches were played on all six c
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its first All- Club Tournament on Sunday at the Meridian School Courts.
Juniors and seniors mixed together and played doubles for the Ansmann Energy Cup.
A record turnout of 14 pairs took part.
Matches were played on all six courts, with Neil Addison and Matt Fellingham beating Andrew Betts and Derek Cooper in the final.
Prizes of LED torches were donated by Collingwood Lighting.
That same afternoon, the under-10 junior team had a resounding 5-1 home victory over Sawbridgeworth.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
The team members were Nathan O'Looney, Gus Rees, Jess Hughs, and Emily Griffin.
The first matches of the winter league were played, with Royston mixed first team off to an excellent start with a 7-1 home win over Burwell.
The men's team travelled to a very strong Huntingdon team and were beaten 8-0.
The club then fielded three teams.
The mixed first team lost at Ely, while the mixed second team were away to Melbourn and went down 6-2.
The men's team were at home to St. Neots seconds, and drew 4-4.
The ladies got off to a good start by beating Exning second team 8-0 at home on Saturday.