First all-club tournament is hailed a success
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its first All- Club Tournament on Sunday at the Meridian School Courts. Juniors and seniors mixed together and played doubles for the Ansmann Energy Cup. A record turnout of 14 pairs took part. Matches were played on all six c
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its first All- Club Tournament on Sunday at the Meridian School Courts.
Juniors and seniors mixed together and played doubles for the Ansmann Energy Cup.
A record turnout of 14 pairs took part.
Matches were played on all six courts, with Neil Addison and Matt Fellingham beating Andrew Betts and Derek Cooper in the final.
Prizes of LED torches were donated by Collingwood Lighting.
That same afternoon, the under-10 junior team had a resounding 5-1 home victory over Sawbridgeworth.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 9 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 10 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
The team members were Nathan O'Looney, Gus Rees, Jess Hughs, and Emily Griffin.
The first matches of the winter league were played, with Royston mixed first team off to an excellent start with a 7-1 home win over Burwell.
The men's team travelled to a very strong Huntingdon team and were beaten 8-0.
The club then fielded three teams.
The mixed first team lost at Ely, while the mixed second team were away to Melbourn and went down 6-2.
The men's team were at home to St. Neots seconds, and drew 4-4.
The ladies got off to a good start by beating Exning second team 8-0 at home on Saturday.