First all-club tournament is hailed a success
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its first All- Club Tournament on Sunday at the Meridian School Courts. Juniors and seniors mixed together and played doubles for the Ansmann Energy Cup. A record turnout of 14 pairs took part. Matches were played on all six c
ROYSTON Tennis Club held its first All- Club Tournament on Sunday at the Meridian School Courts.
Juniors and seniors mixed together and played doubles for the Ansmann Energy Cup.
A record turnout of 14 pairs took part.
Matches were played on all six courts, with Neil Addison and Matt Fellingham beating Andrew Betts and Derek Cooper in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes of LED torches were donated by Collingwood Lighting.
That same afternoon, the under-10 junior team had a resounding 5-1 home victory over Sawbridgeworth.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
The team members were Nathan O'Looney, Gus Rees, Jess Hughs, and Emily Griffin.
The first matches of the winter league were played, with Royston mixed first team off to an excellent start with a 7-1 home win over Burwell.
The men's team travelled to a very strong Huntingdon team and were beaten 8-0.
The club then fielded three teams.
The mixed first team lost at Ely, while the mixed second team were away to Melbourn and went down 6-2.
The men's team were at home to St. Neots seconds, and drew 4-4.
The ladies got off to a good start by beating Exning second team 8-0 at home on Saturday.