Fine start to the season for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club began their MD League campaign in fine form, gaining six points in each of their two matches this week.
In a trip to Sawston B, skips K Dockree and L O’Flanagan scored 22 shots each, while against Meldreth, E Hardwicke, T Lovegrove and skip T Williams excelled in a 29-10 win.
In the National Games’ mixed pairs at St Ippolyts, M Gisby and L Ramsay beat V Bingley and T Saunders 25-19 in a tight affair.
Two friendly games were also played at the weekend. Royston hosted Stevenage Town, with all Royston
teams scoring over 20 shots, prevailing overall 119-71.
Top rink was Y Whitehouse, B Smith, A Pigg and skip E Dockree with an impressive 24-10 win.
However, away to Hatfield, Royston lost by 38 shots.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
On Bank Holiday Monday, the ladies played the men, resulting in a 111-83 win for the men.
The spider game was won by Derek Goodwin, raising £37 for the president’s charity, Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.