Fine start to the season for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club began their MD League campaign in fine form, gaining six points in each of their two matches this week.
In a trip to Sawston B, skips K Dockree and L O’Flanagan scored 22 shots each, while against Meldreth, E Hardwicke, T Lovegrove and skip T Williams excelled in a 29-10 win.
In the National Games’ mixed pairs at St Ippolyts, M Gisby and L Ramsay beat V Bingley and T Saunders 25-19 in a tight affair.
Two friendly games were also played at the weekend. Royston hosted Stevenage Town, with all Royston
teams scoring over 20 shots, prevailing overall 119-71.
Top rink was Y Whitehouse, B Smith, A Pigg and skip E Dockree with an impressive 24-10 win.
However, away to Hatfield, Royston lost by 38 shots.
- 1 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 4 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Children's kite design competition winners announced
On Bank Holiday Monday, the ladies played the men, resulting in a 111-83 win for the men.
The spider game was won by Derek Goodwin, raising £37 for the president’s charity, Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.