Fine start to the season for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club began their MD League campaign in fine form, gaining six points in each of their two matches this week.
In a trip to Sawston B, skips K Dockree and L O’Flanagan scored 22 shots each, while against Meldreth, E Hardwicke, T Lovegrove and skip T Williams excelled in a 29-10 win.
In the National Games’ mixed pairs at St Ippolyts, M Gisby and L Ramsay beat V Bingley and T Saunders 25-19 in a tight affair.
Two friendly games were also played at the weekend. Royston hosted Stevenage Town, with all Royston
teams scoring over 20 shots, prevailing overall 119-71.
You may also want to watch:
Top rink was Y Whitehouse, B Smith, A Pigg and skip E Dockree with an impressive 24-10 win.
However, away to Hatfield, Royston lost by 38 shots.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
On Bank Holiday Monday, the ladies played the men, resulting in a 111-83 win for the men.
The spider game was won by Derek Goodwin, raising £37 for the president’s charity, Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.