Fine start to the season for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club began their MD League campaign in fine form, gaining six points in each of their two matches this week.
In a trip to Sawston B, skips K Dockree and L O’Flanagan scored 22 shots each, while against Meldreth, E Hardwicke, T Lovegrove and skip T Williams excelled in a 29-10 win.
In the National Games’ mixed pairs at St Ippolyts, M Gisby and L Ramsay beat V Bingley and T Saunders 25-19 in a tight affair.
Two friendly games were also played at the weekend. Royston hosted Stevenage Town, with all Royston
teams scoring over 20 shots, prevailing overall 119-71.
You may also want to watch:
Top rink was Y Whitehouse, B Smith, A Pigg and skip E Dockree with an impressive 24-10 win.
However, away to Hatfield, Royston lost by 38 shots.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
On Bank Holiday Monday, the ladies played the men, resulting in a 111-83 win for the men.
The spider game was won by Derek Goodwin, raising £37 for the president’s charity, Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.