Fine display by Royston trio
THREE Royston starlets produced top five finishes at the annual Hertfordshire development meeting in Borehamwood on Saturday. Victoria Snowden, nine, won the 50m breaststroke. Annabel Keam, nine, earned a fourth-place and Molly Stephenson, 10, a fifth spo
THREE Royston starlets produced top five finishes at the annual Hertfordshire development meeting in Borehamwood on Saturday.
Victoria Snowden, nine, won the 50m breaststroke. Annabel Keam, nine, earned a fourth-place and Molly Stephenson, 10, a fifth spot to the delight of coach Tricia Dear.
The girls were joined by Annabel's brother Harry Keam, 11, at the gala, which spotlights emerging talent in the county. Dear hopes that as many as 12 Royston swimmers will feature in the county championship meeting in March 2007.
# Six swimmers will take home more than half of the winners' trophies on offer at Buntingford Swimming Club's 30th anniversary awards night at Freman College on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Four girls and two boys dominated the annual club championships in October - winning 26 of the 48 events.
Iona Hayes, Sophie Robinson and Sam Greig swept the board in the under-10 girl, under-16 girl and under-16 boy categories.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Millie Farmer, Christina Branch and Ben Johnson won four out of five races in the under-14 girl, open-girl and under-14 boy categories.
# Competing against the top 14 primary schools for swimming in Hertfordshire this was always going to be a great challenge for Greneway's Year 6 team.
The swimmers rose to the challenge to finish sixth overall . The team was only 12 points behind the winners Royal Masonic School and six behind Thomas Coram School.
As one of only three state schools this was a superb effort by the whole team in this prestigious and high quality event for very talented Primary age Swimmers. All of the Greneway swimmers achieved personal bests in their particular event.