Finals day at Royston
Royston Tennis Club dodged the showers on Saturday to complete the club s singles finals. In the ladies final Kathy Betts beat Christine Knight in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4. In the men s competition, Andy Holmes fought back from a set down to take the crow
Royston Tennis Club dodged the showers on Saturday to complete the club's singles finals.
In the ladies' final Kathy Betts beat Christine Knight in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4.
In the men's competition, Andy Holmes fought back from a set down to take the crown from Matt Fellingham.
Fellingham, who won the title last year, took the first set 6-2. However, Holmes grabbed the next two 6-4, 6-4.
This Saturday the doubles finals take place, with the action starting at 1pm.
The club's under-14 boys' team ended their season, beating Legends of Hertford and having to settle for a draw with Rickmansworth after heavy rain forced the match to be abandoned. Royston finished second in the league overall, and will now face play offs to determine who takes the title.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
The adult mixed-three team were less successful, losing their final match at St. Neots.