Finals day at Royston
Royston Tennis Club dodged the showers on Saturday to complete the club s singles finals. In the ladies final Kathy Betts beat Christine Knight in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4. In the men s competition, Andy Holmes fought back from a set down to take the crow
Royston Tennis Club dodged the showers on Saturday to complete the club's singles finals.
In the ladies' final Kathy Betts beat Christine Knight in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4.
In the men's competition, Andy Holmes fought back from a set down to take the crown from Matt Fellingham.
Fellingham, who won the title last year, took the first set 6-2. However, Holmes grabbed the next two 6-4, 6-4.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday the doubles finals take place, with the action starting at 1pm.
The club's under-14 boys' team ended their season, beating Legends of Hertford and having to settle for a draw with Rickmansworth after heavy rain forced the match to be abandoned. Royston finished second in the league overall, and will now face play offs to determine who takes the title.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The adult mixed-three team were less successful, losing their final match at St. Neots.