Finals day at Royston
Royston Tennis Club dodged the showers on Saturday to complete the club s singles finals. In the ladies final Kathy Betts beat Christine Knight in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4. In the men s competition, Andy Holmes fought back from a set down to take the crow
Royston Tennis Club dodged the showers on Saturday to complete the club's singles finals.
In the ladies' final Kathy Betts beat Christine Knight in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4.
In the men's competition, Andy Holmes fought back from a set down to take the crown from Matt Fellingham.
Fellingham, who won the title last year, took the first set 6-2. However, Holmes grabbed the next two 6-4, 6-4.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday the doubles finals take place, with the action starting at 1pm.
The club's under-14 boys' team ended their season, beating Legends of Hertford and having to settle for a draw with Rickmansworth after heavy rain forced the match to be abandoned. Royston finished second in the league overall, and will now face play offs to determine who takes the title.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
The adult mixed-three team were less successful, losing their final match at St. Neots.