Finally, joy in Royston’s cup crusade
THERE was at last some good news for Royston s cricketers as they reached the Keatley Cup final. A mixed first and second team overcame a combined Guilden/Steeple Morden side on Tuesday. Royston made a good start, with Mat Graham hitting the first two ba
THERE was at last some good news for Royston's cricketers as they reached the Keatley Cup final.
A mixed first and second team overcame a combined Guilden/Steeple Morden side on Tuesday.
Royston made a good start, with Mat Graham hitting the first two balls of the game for fours. Paul Miller was also in attacking mood and the pair put on 48 before the first wicket fell in the fifth over. Martin Leek was run out soon after for a duck and when Miller fell for 24, Royston were 55-3.
An unbeaten fifth-wicket partnership of 56 between Richard Temple (16) and Adam Newman (36 not out) ensured Royston posted a challenging total of 148 off their 16 overs.
The Mordens made a good start and at the halfway point had reached 65-0, with Royston's David Sladen and Chris Hootton bowling well.
The next four overs, bowled by Temple and Newman, proved crucial as three wickets fell for 27 runs.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Once Ingrey fell for 36, it proved too much for the Mordens as they finished on 132-6, with Temple and Newman both finishing with 3-30.
n Royston will face Reed in the final at Therfield on Tuesday.