Finally, joy in Royston’s cup crusade
THERE was at last some good news for Royston s cricketers as they reached the Keatley Cup final. A mixed first and second team overcame a combined Guilden/Steeple Morden side on Tuesday. Royston made a good start, with Mat Graham hitting the first two ba
THERE was at last some good news for Royston's cricketers as they reached the Keatley Cup final.
A mixed first and second team overcame a combined Guilden/Steeple Morden side on Tuesday.
Royston made a good start, with Mat Graham hitting the first two balls of the game for fours. Paul Miller was also in attacking mood and the pair put on 48 before the first wicket fell in the fifth over. Martin Leek was run out soon after for a duck and when Miller fell for 24, Royston were 55-3.
An unbeaten fifth-wicket partnership of 56 between Richard Temple (16) and Adam Newman (36 not out) ensured Royston posted a challenging total of 148 off their 16 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Mordens made a good start and at the halfway point had reached 65-0, with Royston's David Sladen and Chris Hootton bowling well.
The next four overs, bowled by Temple and Newman, proved crucial as three wickets fell for 27 runs.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Once Ingrey fell for 36, it proved too much for the Mordens as they finished on 132-6, with Temple and Newman both finishing with 3-30.
n Royston will face Reed in the final at Therfield on Tuesday.