Final outdoor Royston Bowls Club match of term
The final outdoor Royston Bowls Club match for this year was played at the weekend, followed by a buffet and presentation evening.
The result of the President versus Vice-President game was a substantial victory for Stan Whitehouse the outgoing President by 116-89.
The President’s own rink of S Warner, K Frostick and D Smith won highest rink. The Vice President’s highest rink was M Huckle, R Maris, E Collins and E Hyde. Vice President, Rodney Dean presided over the lowest scoring rink with L Neville, M Cooper and D Ward.
Extra presentations included winners of the Lifeboat Spoon Drive, M Smith winning a Wooden Spoon Trophy and the Spider game, E Collins and A Palmer winning bottles of whisky donated by Mike Randall and Mrs M Baker.
Mrs Baker also presented the Stan Baker Trophy in memory of her husband, a stalwart of the club, to Shirley Pawson.
You may also want to watch:
The winning triples, Joan Knights, Maureen Gisby and Anne Martin, picked up the Ernie Roberts Cup. President Stan Whitehouse thanked all members for their support, especially his charity Crohn’s and Colitis, during the year.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford