Field and McKenzie take second and third at RTTC Series
- Credit: Archant
An extremely successful week for Cycle Club Ashwell saw new records made and a national series won.
Riding his first ever 50 mile time trial, Will Smith gave a superhuman effort to take the club’s 50 mile record with staggering 1 hour 49 minutes, 59 seconds - beating Justin Layne’s record by 4 seconds.
Jackie Field and James McKenzie took part at the fifth round of the RTTC series in Bucklebury, Berkshire.
Continuing with the top form shown in previous rounds, Field and McKenzie both put in quick times to take 2nd and 3rd in their respective categories. The consistent top performing throughout the series from Jackie has been enough to secure her the national RTTC title in the women’s vet category.
Sophie Lewis was the sole CCA representative at the final round of the London Region Youth Omnium Series at Herne Hill on Sunday - the last of three regional competitions to qualify for the national youth omnium finals. A superb start for Lewis, taking 1st place in the 2 lap time trial, beating the course record in the process. The following Devil sore hew take 7th place and then a fourth place in the Scratch race. A final brace of 2nd places in the sprint and points races secured an overall 2nd place in the competition and a place in the National Finals to be held in Wolverhampton on 4th July.
You may also want to watch:
At the midweek club 10 mile time trial, Cameron Woolsey (Spirit Bikes) topped the times with 21 minutes 55 seconds, 18 seconds clear of Ian Turner (St Neots CC). Full Results: C Woolsey 21.55; I Turner 22.13 SNCC; W Smith 22.36; J Stuart 23.18; M Constable 23.52; J McKenzie 24.27; A Saunders 24.54 (HNCC); J Field 25.07; J Prodger 25.19; S Miles 25.25 (SCC); D Maynard 25.40 (Endeavour RT); N Field 26.07; T Bedford 26.22; M Scales 26.25; J Chapman 26.26; G Lewis 26.31; L Holmes 26.36; D Wells 26.50; G Duguid 26.53; K Stigwood 27.03; E Koppe 27.35; A Lightfoot 27.59; J Andrews 29.17; M Pullen 29.36; D Jones 29.41; J Dow 29.48; A Nunn 29.51; F Field 30.52; J Fraser 30.57; R Bumstead 30.57; S Watts 31.17.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe